Default Which gen for 26?

Iím looking to get one of the steet comped g26 slides. Iíll be buying a frame off gunbroker.
    Is there any preference to the gen 3,4 or 5? I see benefits and drawbacks to each, but Iíd be interested to read what input others have. Thanks.

And still anxiously awaiting an SI g29 comp....

If you like to do speed loads and are a lefty, the Gen 5 has some merit. Otherwise, the Hen 3 and 4 are about the same and what I personally prefer.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Thanks. I just noticed a lack of street comp 26 slides at the store. Are they available as a unit or do i need to piece one together?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsavik View Post
    Thanks. I just noticed a lack of street comp 26 slides at the store. Are they available as a unit or do i need to piece one together?
    I asked the group and 319 and 419 street comp slides were the most desired so that is what I began with. Eventually we will do some for the 26. Now a point of education. The street comp slides are flat faced with no front bevel. This allows a cleaner more aesthetic look when a comp is added.

If the aesthetics are not an issue, you can get a standard slide and just add a comp.

Suarez-SI-26-Black_6.jpg
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Gen 3s work best for me. Most folks I know favor the 5s, with no finger grooves. But the grooves give me a feel of better control of the firearm.

I prefer the Gen 4 guns. They’re not better or worse than the 3 or 5. I just like the frame texture better on the 4 over the 3, same with the slightly larger mag release. Never tried a Gen5, but the internals are different enough from the 3 and 4 that it keeps me from having any interest in them. That, and the molded in flared magwell. If I want a flared magwell, I’d prefer to just buy a Suarez one.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    ... If I want a flared magwell, I’d prefer to just buy a Suarez one.
    SI Magwell for a Glock 26? Where? That one slipped by me and I can't find it in the store.

-- ML

As far as I know, S.I. doesn’t make a magwell for the 26. I was referring to Glocks in general. I actually dislike that Gen5s have a molded in magwell, as I’m afraid that it might preclude attaching an aftermarket one, which would be a disappointment.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.