Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    It also make sense to me that they would start with SF guys since they would be the most likely to adhere to it.
    Backwards. They would be the least likely to adhere to it.

Way more important shit to do. And nobody gives a crap, except young crossfitters and guys who like bodybuilding.

Been at zero carbs for a couple of months. I'm a different person. It's like I'm always running constant. No up and down with a crash. I tried Keto and felt like crap. Just eat like a cave man.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBodyOneHead View Post
    Been at zero carbs for a couple of months. I'm a different person. It's like I'm always running constant. No up and down with a crash. I tried Keto and felt like crap. Just eat like a cave man.
    It seems that the more fatty meat and the les plant matter I eat,the better I feel. I'm starting to believe plant foods are at best,optional,at worst harmful( for some).
    "The fundamental demand of warfare is killing.You kill your enemies until they surrender or until they're all dead".-Lt.Col Ralph Peters

The biggest thing I have gained from the keto crazy is a lot of recipes that don't use grains. I would classify my diet as closer to paleo. Basically tons of meat with a good pile of veggies and some some cheese. I do use some dariy but not tons.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    The biggest thing I have gained from the keto crazy is a lot of recipes that don't use grains. I would classify my diet as closer to paleo. Basically tons of meat with a good pile of veggies and some some cheese. I do use some dariy but not tons.
    This is me for the most part, although I am sure I eat more cheese than would be best. Wife did keto for a while and lost all cellulite and the small remainder of pregnancy weight while I enjoyed the consequence-free snacks she made! I’ve never done full keto, just high fat and low carbs, some protein, and little to no sugar except on high-output days(i’ve covered the endurance sport aspect in another thread).

I’d love to see how they provide exogenous ketones to all the troops in the field, otherwise how do they expect guys to stay fueled up on the move? That’s a lot of keto bars, snack foods, etc. Keto is great but not the best for “right now” energy when needed. Then they’d have to make sure none of the energy drinks had sugar, no booze... Studies are proving keto is great for divers at least, but I’d be curious to see the logistics strategy of this for the guys at the furthest end of the supply chain.

I have tried the keto and personally can’t stand it. I lost major fat but feel as weak as a 2 year old. Paleo is the diet of choice for me. Lots of meat lots of veggies. I do still eat rice but not in the amounts I used to. Cheese and full fat yogurt are my only dairy on occasion.

Genetics seem to play a big role in what diets suit each of us. One thing that seems to be consistent across everyone is that sugars and refined grains are bad for everyone.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Warrior Skills Camp 09
    Fighting Rifle Skills
    Small Unit Tactics
    Close Range Gunfighting
    Advanced Close Range Gunfighting
    0-5 gunfighting
    Advanced AR15/M4 Rifle Gunfighting
    Guerilla Sniper I
    CQB: Fighting in Structures