Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lets be Respectful, but Learn from this

iraqguns.jpg

This guy was iraqguns. Apparently a gun trainer of some renown in those circles that gab call the "gun mafia". Dude died in his sleep and everyone is amazed and sad because by all accounts he was a really good dude. And he may have been I dont know.

What I see: Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension. Maybe Alcohol problems.

Doesn't matter much to your family how nice a guy you are if you aren't around to take care of them. You have to care for the combat chassis, because dying of preventable illness is just a stupid waste.

Preaching to the choir and all that...

Wow.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Well he stacked the deck against himself.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

20190701_110609.jpg

I'm just going to say. Gabe and I probably bracket this guys age (Gabe 58 and me 41), looking that way is a decision, having self inflicted health issues is a decision and the converse it true. If you want to die early just completely neglect yourself and consume what you want, additionally and maybe more importantly, emulate those who have what you want and ignore those that don't.
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 07-01-2019 at 12:15 PM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

In my opinion being fit and taking care of yourself goes beyond a decision.... it’s the discipline to keep deciding to eat healthy and train hard.

Just now guys on my squad asked me to join them for dinner .... I passed. Brought chicken and veggies.

Never heard of him..........
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu

I dunno anything about this guy. Maybe he was really awesome. Being overweight definitely stacks the deck against you, but life is weird...

Recently a woman I know died. GREAT person--her and her family enhanced the lives of everyone they came into contact with. Their organization has made an impact on untold thousands of lives worldwide. She was 47, and was in better shape her ENTIRE life than just about anyone--almost made the Olympics as a cyclist, professional CrossFit athlete up until the end, you name it.

Out on a mother/daughter trip with her young girl in Florida, got suddenly violently ill, taken by ambulance, went into a coma, died about a week later. Multiple aneurysms. Tragic, in every sense.

So yeah--don't stack the deck against yourself, but cherish every moment you can, even if you do everything right.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Very true Anthony.

Often we hear of the "one example" of the fit guy that died anyway. My old friend Charles Poliquin comes to mind. However, for every Poliquin, there are virtual plethora of Iraqguns.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Ammohoe View Post
    iraqguns.jpg

This guy was iraqguns. Apparently a gun trainer of some renown in those circles that gab call the "gun mafia". Dude died in his sleep and everyone is amazed and sad because by all accounts he was a really good dude. And he may have been I dont know.

What I see: Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension. Maybe Alcohol problems.

Doesn't matter much to your family how nice a guy you are if you aren't around to take care of them. You have to care for the combat chassis, because dying of preventable illness is just a stupid waste.

Preaching to the choir and all that...
    Most likely Obstrutive Sleep Apnea also
    “Every day the same thing...variety”

I just found some information on this guy's passing. Apparently he had been hospitalized in ICU three days before his death for unknown reasons:

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=134789