Default BETTER THAN A TACKLE

I searched but could not find the post discussing the Rear Naked Choke-Called Better Than a Tackle I think posted by Cabe.

I wanted to share this idea of taking advantage of some people`s training experience against them using a Standing Rear Naked Choke.

I have noticed that even trained people will only start to focus on their necks, defending against the Choke once their butt hits the floor-It almost acting as a signal that they are now in Grappling Range but will only be thinking about defensing against Strikes while still on their feet.

Even when the other person has managed to take their back, slipping in behind them, they will only be focused on not taking shots to the side of the head.

OSSU!
    Elfie
    HALFMAN HALFCAR

Quote Originally Posted by wheel View Post
    I searched but could not find the post discussing the Rear Naked Choke-Called Better Than a Tackle I think posted by Cabe.

I wanted to share this idea of taking advantage of some people`s training experience against them using a Standing Rear Naked Choke.

I have noticed that even trained people will only start to focus on their necks, defending against the Choke once their butt hits the floor-It almost acting as a signal that they are now in Grappling Range but will only be thinking about defensing against Strikes while still on their feet.

Even when the other person has managed to take their back, slipping in behind them, they will only be focused on not taking shots to the side of the head.

OSSU!
    Elfie

The thread you reference is BETTER THAN A TACKLE -- Gabriel Suarez
    "When you are hungry, it is foolish to hunt a tiger when there are plenty of sheep to be had." Baader-Meinhof slogan

I was teaching this at the dojo earlier this week. From the front, from the back, you can apply it in less than a second even if the other party is expecting it. If they are not, its almost unfair. And while many think choke and capture, in a life-death deal think choke-break-kill. The only diff is what you do after the ass hits the floor.

I would love to hear an active shooter was found with a broken neck rather than a tackled tango being taken away in handcuffs.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

This should be a goal for everyone in the tribe:

If unable to shoot a tango in the face, be the first to break a tango’s neck on US soil.
    "We must all suffer one of two things: The pain of discipline, or the pain of regret and disappointment." -Jim Rohn

Thanks Beoceorl

Cheers
    Elfie
    HALFMAN HALFCAR

Studying the clip again looking for the Arm-Drag that Twinboysdad pointed out I noticed that the guy being choked out`s body language is all wrong right from the start.

He keeps his arms down at his side`s the whole time never once bringing them up to punch with/protect his face. He also approaches the homeless guy with his head up and chin thrust out, almost like he wants to get knocked out, just wanting to get the fight over with.

Having tried to walk away from the fight in the first place but then finding himself "trapped" by the people that have gathered to watch the action, egging him on to fight.

Seemingly seeing no other way out but to fight.

OSSU
    Elfie
    HALFMAN HALFCAR

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    .....And while many think choke and capture, in a life-death deal think choke-break-kill. The only diff is what you do after the ass hits the floor.

I would love to hear an active shooter was found with a broken neck rather than a tackled tango being taken away in handcuffs.
    This reminds me of a resource I learned about here that is relevant to this conversation. The book "Hadaka-Jime" by Moshe Feldenkerous (sp?) was recommended by someone here (thank you for that.) It's relevant to the conversation and to Taipan's comment in that it deals largely with the lethal use of the rear naked choke. Good, short read.

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    This reminds me of a resource I learned about here that is relevant to this conversation. The book "Hadaka-Jime" by Moshe Feldenkerous (sp?) was recommended by someone here (thank you for that.) It's relevant to the conversation and to Taipan's comment in that it deals largely with the lethal use of the rear naked choke. Good, short read.
    I also have this book but it has been years since I read it. The author is Moshe Feldenkrais, who is mostly known for his health/exercise system The Feldenkrais Method. He was an early Judo competitor and instructor and during WWII he trained the Home Guard in the UK in his combatives system. IIRC the idea was to teach Hadaka Jime as the main technique and get all the students good at doing it, and then teach various methods to get into position to use it.

The version of Hadaka Jime taught in the book is intended to injure the neck, not just choke, so that should be kept in mind when practicing.
    "Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot