Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default GETTING HITS WITH NO SIGHTS (OR AN RMR THAT HAS BEEN MUDDIED UP BY AN ACRO SALESMAN)

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Its like people purposely forgot about "metal in meat"...
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

My very first gun fighting class was decades ago and was from a gentleman by the name of Jim Cirillo.
    He brought a few sightless guns to the range too, in addition to having us tape over our sights for part of the training.
    Concerning good ideas - What goes around comes around.

geezer john

Nobody...including Cirillo ever suggested sights are unnecessary. Anyone that says that is a fool, or pushing an agenda (Point Shooting 1000 yard Sniping School?).

To be clear...the body and hand-eye coordination aligns the weapon. For emergency shooting, such as events where the enemy is right there and about to kill you, you can still eliminate them without sights available. But only a fool would carry a sightless gun or eschew sights. They are there to insure the physical alignment is in place.

And for proactive shooting at close range as well as distance.
    Gabriel Suarez

Didnít mean to imply that Mr. C was teaching that sights werenít necessary, only that up close and personal they werenít an important part of the equation. Nor did he try to teach us to shoot a revolver upside down, even though he was damn good at doing so:)

geezer john

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Didn’t mean to imply that Mr. C was teaching that sights weren’t necessary, only that up close and personal they weren’t an important part of the equation. Nor did he try to teach us to shoot a revolver upside down, even though he was damn good at doing so:)

geezer john
    No...but you know how people are. They will read a comment and never even look at what came before...and before you know it, the entire message is misunderstood. Just making sure that didn't happen.

Cheers
    Gabriel Suarez

That is interesting. I've never tried covering my sights. It's almost religious in the gun world that you use your sights. Clear you can do better than many IDPA competitors without them.

Kudos for putting this out there. A lesser business would just produce slides for the ACRO and take the profits as we "upgrade." You could even offer a battery subscription policy.

Nice video sir. I've noticed that you're often in strong sunlight without a hat. Hope you're using a good sun block. Us guys with shaved heads have to be a little careful of the long term effects.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBodyOneHead View Post
    That is interesting. I've never tried covering my sights. It's almost religious in the gun world that you use your sights. Clear you can do better than many IDPA competitors without them.

Kudos for putting this out there. A lesser business would just produce slides for the ACRO and take the profits as we "upgrade." You could even offer a battery subscription policy.
    In Force on Force I almost never used my sights. The distances were relatively close in like this video and I put the training in for consistent body index and alignment plus a couple alternate indexing techniques I learned in CRG covered it all. Don't assume you will have the luxury of using your sights in a reactive fight. Or even the possibility.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by ming12 View Post
    Nice video sir. I've noticed that you're often in strong sunlight without a hat. Hope you're using a good sun block. Us guys with shaved heads have to be a little careful of the long term effects.
    I am a mediterranean type guy and feed off the rays of the sun...like my ancestors.
    Gabriel Suarez