Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Its pretty cool what happens when someone gets out from behind they keyboard and actually gets some training huh? lol.
    Indeed, though I need to do more of it.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

I was thinking, "Jeff Cooper used to teach that", just when you mentioned Cooper. Excellent video thank you very much. Always enjoy your videos.

Sights are "training wheels" to help you learn what correctly indexing the muzzle at the target looks and feels like. You use them to visually verify that your body did what your brain commanded. Eventually (through practice and feedback of positive results) your brain will trust your body and stop needing to see the sights before you pull the trigger. There comes a time when the training wheels are no longer needed.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Too many turd buckets still on the always “point shoot” or always “use your sights” short bus. You would think even the simplest of minds would understand you need to be proficient at both proactive and reactive gunfighting. Guess it’s easier to make Tactical Dali Lama memes instead of putting in real work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Train with Payne 2019

AK RIFLE GUNFIGHTING - OCT 26-27, 2019 HOUSTON, TX

Dare I bring up the names Fairbairn, Sykes, Noel, and Applegate? Some of them were talking and teaching using "point" or "instinctive point" shooting a hundred years ago at the distances Gabe just demonstrated. Admittedly, they were teaching the 'one hand gun'. Importantly, we have to remember that they were teaching one hand shooting for closer range only - so many people forget that Fairbairn and Applegate both taught two handed shooting (and the use of sights) for distances greater than 10 to 15 yards.

Gabe just did a great job with this video of demonstrating that the skills are there, but forgotten to many in our technology driven world . Great job Gabe!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
    Too many turd buckets still on the always “point shoot” or always “use your sights” short bus. You would think even the simplest of minds would understand you need to be proficient at both proactive and reactive gunfighting. Guess it’s easier to make Tactical Dali Lama memes instead of putting in real work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's it exactly. Self defence, defensive shooting, all of it, is a multi-dimensional, multi-faceted realm demanding a variety of skills, ranging from verbal for de-escalation, to empty hand, full contact combatives, impact weapons, knife skills, and shooting skills. And, we're not talking one or two of each, but a variety of skills to me a variety of different defensive needs. Gabe even pointed that out in the video. Distance creates time, It also changes what you need to do and when you need to do it. Close distance, close range gunfighting requires a greater variety of skills.

Self-defense is a myth. It doesn't exist. There is only attack, and counter-attack.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Self-defense is a myth. It doesn't exist. There is only attack, and counter-attack.
    True indeed.

On top of that, I just realized that "self-defense" is a PC term and I need to wash my mouth out for even uttering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Self-defense = VICTIM

Quote Originally Posted by LV_MD View Post
    Self-defense = VICTIM
    Agreed, and that is a negative mentality to which I will never, ever subscribe.