Thread: Weight loss

Default Weight loss

I have actively trying to lose weight since Aug. 2018. I had bloated out to 274. Inactivity, heart attacks, and minor strokes all contributed to the weight gain. As of today, I am down 53 pounds. I still have along way to go but 50 pounds in 9 months is a pace I can live with. My activity level is also going up as the weight comes off. An additional factor is I was placed on TRT about 6 months ago. I am seeing some muscle definition show through the blubber. I also have spinal stenosis and a couple of bulged discs. The epidural shots help, but physical therapy has helped more. My strength was alway pretty good, even when at my highest weight. But now, I think it is beginning to increase at a pretty good pace. I am working on mobility and flexibility. Hopefully by Aug. I will be down another 10-12 pounds. This will allow for surgery I need for sleep apnea. They won’t do it if BMI is over a certain number. Anyway, I am getting close to that number. I wasn’t to be comfortably under it before I get the surgery.
    As for diet, I have been following the intermittent fasting protocol. It does work. However, my calorie consumption has also gone down considerably. I simply cannot eat as much as before. I am 67 yrs old, so it is never too late.

Wow that's really inspirational that you are making those big of positive changes. I'd assume many guys in that situation would settle for mediocrity and a slow decline to an early death. Instead, you're out there kicking butt and taking names.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Excellent job. Congratulations on the progress so far.
    Soli Deo Gloria

Outstanding. It is never too late.

Explain the surgery for sleep apnea. I stopped using the f***ing Darth Vader gizmo because, no surprise, I couldn't sleep.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 4, 14 And a wakeup.

Well Done! I agree, its never too late!

Truly inspirational.

Congrats on where you are. To get where you want to be, calories deficit is required. Burn more than you consume.

Great work! It's all just a decision backed by action. Try fasted cardio on a rower to shed pounds fast
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Worked for galley slaves.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 4, 14 And a wakeup.