Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default grass fed / range fed butter

I would like to know about butter that is advertised as being grass fed. Are the labels correct for that. Are some brands more truthful as to what the cows are fed and where do most of you obtain your grass fed butter?
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I would think they could not say it if it wasn't the case. Read the label when in doubt. The only butter in our house is grass fed and the only meat we eat is grass-fed, organic.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Well it depends.... how do you define grass fed? As in what's the standard? Hince the need for Grass fed and finished.
    https://www.verdefarms.com/blog/what...finished-beef/

How the terminology effects butter im not sure but I do know it effects whey protein, as they do offer grass fed and finished whey.
    Last edited by psalms23dad; 06-21-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    Well it depends.... how do you define grass fed? As in what's the standard? Hince the need for Grass fed and finished.
    https://www.verdefarms.com/blog/what...finished-beef/

How the terminology effects butter im not sure but I do know it effects whey protein, as they do offer grass fed and finished whey.
    You could get all weird about this, but unless you will forego all modernity and go live on a farm and raise your own food, you gotta take someone's word for it. Grass fed means grass fed...not grass finished, not corn fed, not soy fed, not any of that stuff. Grass is grass. I trust the places I buy it. If you don't, buy elsewhere is the only thing I can say.
    Y
    Gabriel Suarez

It just means they are fed hay, i stead of salage (entire corn stalk with ear).

They need to be milked twice a day. All dairies are required by USDA to milk off of approved machines using approved methods if its for commercial sale.

The cows are not 'grass fed' like they do with beef cattle tgat are literally turned out to some random ass pasture for an entire year. They in a fenced in dairy.

Probably fed from bales of timothy grass off a trailer or big pickup truck.

Just buy Kerrygold.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Just buy Kerrygold.
    I do see kerry gold and was wondering about it. There is also a large organic natural food place in downtown pensacola called Ever'man Cooperative Grocery & Cafe, I live nearby in the next county, but it is not too far from me and at times I do have to be downtown. It is sort of a hangout for liberal democraps, but I assume the food is what they say it is. I will go see what butter they have in stock.
    It so happens I do like fats and especially butter.
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Taylor View Post
    It just means they are fed hay, i stead of salage (entire corn stalk with ear).

They need to be milked twice a day. All dairies are required by USDA to milk off of approved machines using approved methods if its for commercial sale.

The cows are not 'grass fed' like they do with beef cattle tgat are literally turned out to some random ass pasture for an entire year. They in a fenced in dairy.

Probably fed from bales of timothy grass off a trailer or big pickup truck.
    I recall an uncles farm and their own personal diary cows were turn loose in a pasture and were feed alfalfa and I guess some hay too. Silage from corn stalks is likely not the same as grass.

Corn...like soybeans...is poison.

Second Kerrygold.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Corn...like soybeans...is poison.

Second Kerrygold.
    Relative to silage derived from corn stalks being the same as corn kernels and their lipids/fats I do not know. Silage became common about the end of the medieval period IIRC the dates correctly and it allows low grade cellulose plant materials to be fed to mules and horses that produce more work than bovine/cattle draft animals do. Apparently cornstalks that even cattle would have a hard time with after processing into silage is rendered more digestible. Its impact on dairy products is unknown to me.

Reading labels
    Now it is true the feds and some states will crack down on mislabeled products. But one has to know exactly what some labels mean.

For now I will go kerry gold butter until I find out different and I will try local health food places out and the higher price grocery chains that allow more choice in what one buys. Of course one pays more, and it looks like the extra money could be money well spent. .