Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Another myth busted.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 3, 07. And a wakeup.

Frick dang. I wanted one before. Now I really want one.

I keep saying stuff like that. Time to save the moneys for the next few years.

I've noticed that if the pistol is held very close, straight and level, you will feel a blast of concussion across your face... Probably not something you would even notice in a combat situation.
    However, as seen in Gabe's video, a slight outward tilting of the pistol points the comp away from your body (and head) and negates even the issue of concussive blast. I find this outward tilting to be an almost natural reaction when shooting from retention but it could easily be trained and practiced if that was not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    I've noticed that if the pistol is held very close, straight and level, you will feel a blast of concussion across your face... Probably not something you would even notice in a combat situation.
    However, as seen in Gabe's video, a slight outward tilting of the pistol points the comp away from your body (and head) and negates even the issue of concussive blast. I find this outward tilting to be an almost natural reaction when shooting from retention but it could easily be trained and practiced if that was not the case.
    I've seen this heavily with the C models with porting but not with the comp. For close contact shooting you should really use an index point to indicate that your alignment is correct. Place the mag on your ribs and cant it out slightly so you don't foul your action with your clothing which is proper technique for this type of engagement. If you're taught other than that walk away from that instructor.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I've seen this heavily with the C models with porting but not with the comp. For close contact shooting you should really use an index point to indicate that your alignment is correct. Place the mag on your ribs and cant it out slightly so you don't foul your action with your clothing.
    This is how I was taught to shoot from retention. The instructors' rule of thumb was that you should have your elbow pulled back almost to the point of discomfort in the shoulder so that the mag presses into the middlemost rib, hard enough to leave a bruise after several rounds of drilling. It was amazing, to one new to the specific techniques of fighting with guns, to observe in drills how stable and accurate one could be from close quarters that way.

The reason for the cant has nothing to do with the comp. It is to clear any garments from the ejection port, and to provide two points of contact - thumb and magazine base - for safety and index during hand to hand.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters