Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: DA/SA Options

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by khadga View Post
    Thanks, those were not available yet when I last checked.
    No problem. Nice looking guns.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I am all out of bubble gum.

    I'll be your huckleberry. Doc Holiday

    Boards don't punch back. Bruce Lee

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Beyond The Wall
    Posts
    44,865
    I have NOT been impressed with the AREX line.
    Gabriel Suarez

    Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

    Suarez International USA Headquarters

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    682
    Where do they fail to meet your standards?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I am all out of bubble gum.

    I'll be your huckleberry. Doc Holiday

    Boards don't punch back. Bruce Lee

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    636
    A long time ago, I had a Beretta PX4 Storm because it was more futuristic than the old 92. It was a good pistol, until I was introduced to "tactical" shooting classes and was talked out of the "inferior" design and ditched it for a series of striker pistols. After several years of trials, I finally grew to accept the Glock as the one most suitable to the task of daily concealed carry.

    A few months ago, I read several articles here about the benefits to DA/SA pistols. Since then, I have experimented with a few different models and find that I do appreciate the action type. Here is what I acquired:

    CZ P-07 in 9mm. This is about the same size and weight of a G19, at a lower price. I shoot it very well, but the trigger could be better. This pistol comes in handy for those rare occasions where I have to travel to a true NPE, such as jury duty. The DA trigger allows holsterless carry, which, with minimal movements from the driver's seat, smoothly stow the pistol in the vehicle so I can enter the courthouse security.

    Next, a Sig P226 Legion in 9mm. The Legion may be hype, but it seems like some nice upgrades from the base models. I need to find a competent smith who knows how to tune Sigs and mill it for an RMR, so I can appreciate this design even more. The manual of arms is a bit different with the location of the decocker lever, but easy to learn.

    Most recently, a Beretta 92 LTT Elite in 9mm. I have been truly pleased with this purchase because the Langston features have transformed the old 92 into a new animal. I shoot this model the best out of all three that I own. The only downside I see is it's not a candidate for RMR milling.
    Lee

    You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

    Psalm 76:7-9

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Beyond The Wall
    Posts
    44,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Where do they fail to meet your standards?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thicker than a SIG or beretta (which are already right on the edge). Sharp edges everywhere. And a trigger that is in need of alot of work. Virtually zero aftermarket support. Arex are what those who want a SIG get because they can't afford a SIG or have read enough internet propaganda that the AREX is better somehow because its cheaper.

    My opinion...no more emo-shit-storms desired on my end.
    Gabriel Suarez

    Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

    Suarez International USA Headquarters

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Beyond The Wall
    Posts
    44,865
    In my opinion, the Legion SIGs are the best DA out there today. If there are no RMR in your future, a 92F by Langdon is close.

    Quote Originally Posted by Popshot View Post
    A few months ago, I read several articles here about the benefits to DA/SA pistols. Since then, I have experimented with a few different models and find that I do appreciate the action type. Here is what I acquired:

    CZ P-07 in 9mm. This is about the same size and weight of a G19, at a lower price. I shoot it very well, but the trigger could be better. This pistol comes in handy for those rare occasions where I have to travel to a true NPE, such as jury duty. The DA trigger allows holsterless carry, which, with minimal movements from the driver's seat, smoothly stow the pistol in the vehicle so I can enter the courthouse security.

    Next, a Sig P226 Legion in 9mm. The Legion may be hype, but it seems like some nice upgrades from the base models. I need to find a competent smith who knows how to tune Sigs and mill it for an RMR, so I can appreciate this design even more. The manual of arms is a bit different with the location of the decocker lever, but easy to learn.

    Most recently, a Beretta 92 LTT Elite in 9mm. I have been truly pleased with this purchase because the Langston features have transformed the old 92 into a new animal. I shoot this model the best out of all three that I own. The only downside I see is it's not a candidate for RMR milling.
    Gabriel Suarez

    Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

    Suarez International USA Headquarters

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western WA
    Posts
    5,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Popshot View Post
    CZ P-07 in 9mm. This is about the same size and weight of a G19, at a lower price. I shoot it very well, but the trigger could be better. This pistol comes in handy for those rare occasions where I have to travel to a true NPE, such as jury duty. The DA trigger allows holsterless carry, which, with minimal movements from the driver's seat, smoothly stow the pistol in the vehicle so I can enter the courthouse security.
    I have a P09 and replaced the trigger with a CZ Custom. The trigger is definitely an improvement, and it's a very accurate gun. But the trigger is still rough in comparison to a Sig and the reset could still be better (there are kits that will improve it but I don't think I'll go to that trouble).

    I've had work done on both the Sig and the CZ, both by competent smiths. The Sig is just higher quality and you can feel the difference.

    I think the CZ is a decent pistol at a good price point. I think it's a good choice for those times when you want a DA/SA but don't want the weight of a Sig.

    The Sig is a much nicer pistol though. There's more meat on the slide to grab which makes it easier to run. The controls are more refined and I think a little easier to use.

    I can shoot and fight with either one. I carry my glocks much more often though as they are easier to conceal.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

    Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

    Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

    Upcoming classes:

    Pistol Groundfighting, Kansas
    Pistol Groundfighting, Washington

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,273
    [QUOTE=Brent Yamamoto;1939740]....I think the CZ is a decent pistol at a good price point. I think it's a good choice for those times when you want a DA/SA but don't want the weight of a Sig.

    The Sig is a much nicer pistol though. There's more meat on the slide to grab which makes it easier to run. The controls are more refined and I think a little easier to use....
    [QUOTE]

    And the weights are not that different, at least unloaded.

    SIG says 29.6 oz for the M11-A1 Compact, which has a forged slide. The SIG 228 (my favorite SIG) used the folded slide and reportedly weighed 26.1 oz (not digging out my scale just yet). CZ says 27.07 oz for the P-07.

    Four ounces is not a lot.
    Warrior for the working day.

    Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

    "...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

    "Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

    1, 0, 19. And a wakeup.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Thicker than a SIG or beretta (which are already right on the edge). Sharp edges everywhere. And a trigger that is in need of alot of work. Virtually zero aftermarket support. Arex are what those who want a SIG get because they can't afford a SIG or have read enough internet propaganda that the AREX is better somehow because its cheaper.

    My opinion...no more emo-shit-storms desired on my end.
    So a rough, unrefined Sig with no support. Gotcha. At some point I would like to get a Sig again and keep it, but for now I am focusing on my Glock.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I am all out of bubble gum.

    I'll be your huckleberry. Doc Holiday

    Boards don't punch back. Bruce Lee

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •