Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Buying soon....Omega 9k or Rugged Obsidian 9????

What does the tribe think? For defense and fun...9mm and 300AAC are the go-to's with the exception of 22LR(fun and furry things only). The Obsidian covers all 3. Prices from my dealer are essentially the same.

Whatdyathink?

JB

oh wel, I went ahead an ordered the Obsidian. There were no Omegas in stock anywhere anyway.

JB

I'm no expert on the subject, but with all things being equal, I would have gone with the versatility of the Obsidian, also.

Quote Originally Posted by prestojo View Post
    I'm no expert on the subject, but with all things being equal, I would have gone with the versatility of the Obsidian, also.
    Sound advice. I wouldn't shoot a .22 in a can I couldn't take apart and clean. Still, a dedicated .22 can is best. Don't be a cheapskate. You'll be happier in the long run.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

I have a Hybrid, and Omega 9K and my old Abraxas is now a 22 can dedicated for pest control.

I like the Omega 9K because it is very small...like a large can of OC. I can use it on any of my Glocks...inc 40 cal and 45 cal (if I had a 45), as well as on my Scorpion, and any of my 300 BO Non-NFA Pistol/SBRs.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Another happy Omega9k user here. It's very versatile. I also run it on everything from 9mm pistols to 300 blk super SBRs

Interesting all Silencerco products seam backordered. Wonder if this is the rush they have fulfill the "free" cans from last year's buy one get one free promotion. They promised delivery by end of June this year.

Happy with my Obsidian 45, i have a 9mm end cap for it which is predominantly what stays on it unless I'm not shooting it with a 9mm for some reason. I bought mine when they were released a few years back and I had some issues with my right hand threaded barrels, it would tend to back off after about 10 rounds. I notified them and they had me send some pictures of the piston and spring etc...and they sent me out a new piston, a new o-ring they switched to and spring and it has been flawless since. Naturally this didn't occur with the left thread barrels and piston ie Sig, just FYI. It is a breeze to configure and clean, I just drop mine in an ultrasonic.

My son just ordered an Obsidian 45, I’m not a 45 guy but he is......go figure!

JB

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I like the Omega 9K because it is very small...like a large can of OC. I can use it on any of my Glocks...inc 40 cal and 45 cal (if I had a 45), as well as on my Scorpion, and any of my 300 BO Non-NFA Pistol/SBRs.
    Are you saying the 9k has a large enough bore for .45?

Got to be some kind of record....stamp came in on 10-15! Been busy with a move so no time to shoot yet but looks great!

JB