Default Pentagon eyes controversial diet in bid to build more lethal warriors

Pentagon eyes controversial diet in bid to build more lethal warriors

Ditching carbs may be the key to military success in America’s future wars.

Top Pentagon officials say research has shown that human bodies in ketosis — the goal of the popular and controversial ketogenic diet — can stay underwater for longer periods, making the fat- and protein-heavy eating plan a potential benefit to military divers. It is one example of a rapidly growing trend as military researchers zero in on how nutrition and certain drugs can enhance how fighting men and women perform in battle.

READ THE ARTICLE AND COMMENT ON YOUR THOUGHTS
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Two days ago I talked to women that is on a keto diet. I was buying cheap raw pork trimmings that have a lot of fat on them for my dogs. She told me it was what she was eating and asked if it was working. She said she had lost already 40 lbs.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

She lost 40 pounds of FAT
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    She lost 40 pounds of FAT
    She stated she lost 40lbs and I assume it was fat. She was under the supervision of her physician. The current explanation that some are giving is that carbohydrates cause storage due to insulin release. I am not sold on the explanation. But science works best when you start with what you observe and then try and figure it out.

Also from the article about staying underwater long periods of time.
    “One of the effects of truly being in ketosis is that it changes the way your body handles oxygen deprivation, so you can actually stay underwater at [deeper] depths for longer periods of time and not go into oxygen seizures,” Lisa Sanders, director of science and technology at U.S. Special Operations Command, said at a high-level defense industry conference in Tampa late last month.
    Most of the deep diving marine mammals do have blubber that does conserve body heat and perhaps in some way enhances how they can handle an oxygen debt in their tissues, especially the brain. I would like to see some discussion of oxidative pathways since to catabolize fats to CO2 and Water requires oxygen.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Hey look.... another place where SOCOM is catching up to us lol.

Tactical nutrition.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Hey look.... another place where SOCOM is catching up to us lol.

Tactical nutrition.
    I know - right?
    Gabriel Suarez

I think the amount of processed sugar and other crap we ingest has far more of an impact on our health and fighting fitness than anything else does. Cut that out and no matter what diet you follow you'll see substantial results.

And unless the military plans on locking soldiers down to monitor and control their eating habits no Pentagon or DoD blessed diet is going to work because your average soldier has as much willpower as your average citizen.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

About 30 years ago I found myself at breakfast in a mess hall at Ft Ripley MN unable to get eggs, bacon or anything remotely healthy except a glass of whole milk. Cholesterol, you know. Food pyramid.

You want to change what .mil eats, it's not technically difficult. But the politics of food manufacturing would make it very difficult indeed.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

358. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    But the politics of food manufacturing would make it very difficult indeed.
    Politics have driven the government's diet "suggestions" forever. If you say avoid sugars and carbs, the government subsidized wheat, soy, and sugar industry gets upset. It is a little known fact that the original food pyramid was similar to what we should be eating...meat and fat focused with vegetables and fruit and minimal grains. However when it was looked at for funding, they realized the poor would never be able to eat right because neither they, nor the government, could afford that much meat and vegetables. So they redesigned it - by committee as it were - so it would keep the po' folk bellies full...with wheat, soy, sugar, etc.
    Gabriel Suarez

https://www.darpa.mil/news-events/2018-11-28

Going to be some cool stuff come out of that

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Warrior Skills Camp 09
    Fighting Rifle Skills
    Small Unit Tactics
    Close Range Gunfighting
    Advanced Close Range Gunfighting
    0-5 gunfighting