Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedPelican View Post
    To play a contrarian viewpoint. It's impossible to eat Paleo without a bunch of other people eating the other stuff. The only reason Paleo is in focus is because the majority of people have acclimated to a different diet. Would Paleo even be a thing if it occupied the same place as the grain heavy diet we have now?
    Well...It is, but those of us who eat that way would have to eliminate the wheat-eaters so our supply of meat was not exhausted. And a majority of people have not ACCLIMATED...they have settled for less.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The healthiest meats by far are the wild game meats. There are nutritional charts that show elk, deer and bear have many times the protein of beef and less fat as well

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing View Post
    The healthiest meats by far are the wild game meats. There are nutritional charts that show elk, deer and bear have many times the protein of beef and less fat as well
    A reminder of a factoid if I may. All foods have three things - carbohydrates, protein, or fat in proportions totalling 100%. That said, meats have just fat and protein (0% Carbs). Wild game has a subsistence diet, living off what nature provides, as opposed to domesticated live stock which is generally "fattened" for market; all game is going to have less fat.

I did not read the text mentioned, however, the comments regarding nutrition /diet I always find interesting. Most physicians, health personal, researchers, dietitions, have limited knowledge as to optimal nutrition. There is always bias, taste,preference, motivated research, funded research ad nauseam which all yield whatever outcome the individuals see fit. My diet is simple, pasture raised beef, lamb, wild caught salmon, lots of butter (its just delicious on all food) organic vegetables, and lots of coffee with organic cream 1/2 & 1/2. Rarely wheat/grains, occasional Icelandic yogurt with wild honey, and a pizza 4-5x /year; because pizza is phucking delicious!
    Processed food items rarely or to a minimum, except the whey protein bars for when other activities invade meal times due to travel, work, lack of time, etc. As was mentioned in previous posts, corn, sugar and soy are anathema. All foods consumed to max daily calorie count not to exceed 1500-1700/day...any fitness app will guide you to this as well noting your macros. Diet coupled with exercise is the simple way to maintain ones health barring any genetic malfunction or catastrophic illness! But I'm sure most here know this and apply daily.

Quote Originally Posted by P.D. View Post
    ....as opposed to domesticated live stock which is generally "fattened" for market
    Which is why anything other than grass fed meat has no place in your diet.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Exactly.

The posters in this thread have more wisdom than the Return to Now hostess Sara Burrows. I like air conditioning, nat gas powered furnaces, and Nor-Tech offshore powerboats.

Noladishu, Karjakistan (aka New Orleans, LA)
    This is an interesting read.

Oddly enough, many have interpreted the Adam & Eve and Cain & Abel stories to be allegories for the rise of agriculture over hunting-gathering. Examples: consider Adam’s punishment for eating from Forbidden Tree (“You shall toil the earth...”), Cain (who worked the land) displeased God with his offer, God praised Abel (who kept sheep) for his offer (“fat from the finest of his flock”), and Cain’s exile for killing Abel.
    "Mindset without skill is simply empty defiance, and skill without mindset is mere martial posturing." -GS

"Anything worth doin is gonna involve some fluids comin outta yer body." -Seth "HM" Grey

RP 1085

I hunt a good bit. One more thought about wild game. You do not have steroids, antibiotics, growth hormones, and other chemicals in the meat. What wild animals eat is truly Organic, as well.

Ancient hunter gatherers also ate old meat, as well. A good bit was dried meat but putrid meat was on the table, too.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Redbug View Post
    I hunt a good bit. One more thought about wild game. You do not have steroids, antibiotics, growth hormones, and other chemicals in the meat. What wild animals eat is truly Organic, as well.

Ancient hunter gatherers also ate old meat, as well. A good bit was dried meat but putrid meat was on the table, too.
    Some game animals do carry disease and parasites with feral hogs, bears, and raccoons having the worse reputations and also rabbits get Tularemia that they can pass on to predators and to humans. Instead of saying there are no truly free lunches, safety in food is let the consumer beware. Now with cervines, the deer like critters, other than chronic wasting disease I am not aware of anything else that cooking will not take care of.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez