Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    The fourth member of the group is milled polished white rice that even has less nutrition.
    Wheat and Gluten (gluten is found everywhere so you need to read ingredients)
    There are things cross-reactive with gluten...meaning that the body acts as if it was a piece of Wonder Bread. Regrettably, this includes rice (which is a bodybuilding staple), some coffees, quinoa, and basically all grains. Oh, and beer.

Soy...soy is poison...period. Anything with those three letters should be avoided.

For many...dairy products (not everyone)

Anything with added sugar. A coke has added sugar...an apple does not.
    Alcohol in excess.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Wheat and Gluten (gluten is found everywhere so you need to read ingredients)
    There are things cross-reactive with gluten...meaning that the body acts as if it was a piece of Wonder Bread. Regrettably, this includes rice (which is a bodybuilding staple), some coffees, quinoa, and basically all grains. Oh, and beer.
    Can you elaborate on the coffee bit you reference above? I'd hate to think I need to give up my morning joe! (Mind you, when I drink coffee, it's black - maybe with a splash of heavy cream, or plain espresso. No sugar bomb coffee drinks in my life.)

Another change in modern food preparation are corn and other vegetable oils used in fried foods. These oils drastically upset the ideal ratios of the omega 3 fatty acids to almost pure omega 6's. It is what many cook their foods with instead of using lard as was done in the past. The fats of many domestic animals are derived from eating corn, this is a grain that supports our livestock meat production, cooking oils, and many processed foods, and even the sugars found in soft drinks.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Another change in modern food preparation are corn and other vegetable oils used in fried foods. These oils drastically upset the ideal ratios of the omega 3 fatty acids to almost pure omega 6's. It is what many cook their foods with instead of using lard as was done in the past. The fats of many domestic animals are derived from eating corn, this is a grain that supports our livestock meat production, cooking oils, and many processed foods, and even the sugars found in soft drinks.
    I only cook in 2 things. Butter, or rendered bacon fat.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

The wheat we eat now is not the wheat that was grown/eaten 50 years ago and earlier. Changes made to it in the 60's/70's to make it more disease resistant, more drought resistant, etc.

Grandma and grandpa had cows (dairy) and chickens. The cows were milked twice a day, turned loose to roam the woods after the morning milking to forage for what grew there. Dad would head out when he got home from school, find them and bring them home for the second milking and to be locked up in the barn for the night. Dad said the woods looked like a park. No weeds, no briers, no nettle, little to no underbrush of any kind. They ate the leaves off the short saplings and then chewed the bark off the small limbs. There was some "feed" bought for the cows but they couldn't afford much. The milk was drunk, bartered or churned to separate it and make some butter. They never mentioned making cheese.

Chickens ran loose inside the fenced in yard/property (up the hillside across the creek behind the house) and were fenced out of the gardens. Chickens did get some feed beyond what they ate in the way of bugs, toads, crawfish, small plants/shoots they tended to like. Chickens are death on anything that moves and can't get away from them and is small enough to peck into pieces and swallow.

Grandma used to split open a buiscuit or two every morning and pour hot bacon grease on them. She called it "dirty gravy" and it had the bits of bacon/sausage/eggs in it she'd fried in the skillet for breakfast. She kept a small coffee pot with a screen filter in it by the stove. Excess bacon grease was poured into the screen filter and the bacon grease worked it's way through to catch in the small coffee pot. When she needed grease for cooking she'd set the pot closer to the stove and let it heat up/liquify. They ate a lot of bacon grease. I do remember the metal cans of lard that were bought to supplement the bacon grease.

Tough old people.

Grandpa was gassed in WW1 in Europe. Came home, went back to work in the coal mines. Had some roof fall on him and messed up his back/leg and was out of the mines after that. He died at 76 when a blood clot moved out of the injured leg and up to his heart. Sat there in the rocker, hurting, refusing to let anyone call the ambulance.

Grandma got sick enough to go to the doctor back in the mid 60's. After some tests the doctor asked her when she'd had the heart attack. She told him she'd never had a heart attack. He told her she'd absolutely had a heart attack and he could show her on the EKG where it had affected her heart. She thought about it and told him there had been a 3 day period a few years earlier where she'd felt pretty bad and mostly stayed in bed, maybe that was when it happened.

Tough old people. Meat from the woods (mostly), eggs (and some meat) from the chickens, milk from the cows and vegetables from three gardens, fruit/berries from the woods, greens from the garden and from the woods/creek bottoms.

These days a lot of people "live" where they couldn't live without all our modern agriculture/water supply systems/transportation system, etc. A lot of places more hospitable to living have a lot more people living there than the land/resources could support in the old days/old ways.
    Last edited by M1A's r Best; 06-11-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Gluten sensitive people react to processed and ground coffee. I have some gluten issues so I drink organic coffee and grind it on demand. F*ck Folgers type coffee.
    Gabriel Suarez

Corn (and corn fed) is also gov subsidized. I eat no corn...even corn chips. And if the meat is corn fed, I will order a salad.

Corn is the same as Soy.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Gluten sensitive people react to processed and ground coffee. I have some gluten issues so I drink organic coffee and grind it on demand. F*ck Folgers type coffee.
    Got it. Thanks.

You'll never find pre-ground coffee in my house! Or any of that flavored crap.

I am a big tea drinker, but I have not really researched as to how it affects the body. Problem is I load it with sugar and diary products. The sugar I do need to drop for sure.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

For about two years now I've been using those Atkins shakes as coffee creamer. I think a bottle of it has about 2 grams of carbs. One of the little "bottles" lasts me a couple of days, no more than I use per cup of coffee. Or, sometimes, I just drink it black. No sugar/sweetener in coffee (other than what's in the Atkins Shakes).

Tea? Yeah, my wife puts something in tea called stevia and also a bit of cinnamon.