Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Did you hear arfcom has been purchased by Brownell's? I see some changes coming to the zoo.

Even newbies on other forums sometimes needs advice. It's a journey, not a destination.

Thanks all! Looks like I'll definitely be getting OEM Sig mags! I'd never go cheap on something I need to stake my life on unless it performed as well as the OEM product. Makes no sense. I was just hoping I'd luck out and save a few bucks. I figured the answer would be no.
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1976 View Post
    Thanks all! Looks like I'll definitely be getting OEM Sig mags! I'd never go cheap on something I need to stake my life on unless it performed as well as the OEM product. Makes no sense. I was just hoping I'd luck out and save a few bucks. I figured the answer would be no.
    I have a giant pile of 2XX Sig mags that are MecGar. 100%, they do the OEM, and SIG gets some time before MecGar can sell them directly.

Al
    GFT.

Try to replace hardware with technique. Technique is free, lightweight, and cannot be lost.
    RGF- Greg Nichols-Milton, WI

I generally use OEM for modern pistols. For the classics, I use Wilson's for 1911s (never Colts), and Mecgar's for the High Power (not Browning).

For AR-15s, the field is more open.

-- ML

Helped a guy out at the range two days ago. He's bitching that his Glock is no damn good because of all the FTF issues.

I told him that shit-for-mag he's using (some smoked grey see-thru mag) is the likely problem and loaned him one of my Glock range mags.

Problem solved. Hopefully lesson learned.
    anonymity is underrated

Unfair. Unbalanced. Unmedicated.

Newton's Third Law is a motherfucker.

I would pass on the promag unless totally restricted to range use.

The easy button is just to buy factory mags. Mec gar is good. Magpul is good. When in doubt just carry the factory mags.

For handguns, I stick with factory magazine and for the AR-15 I like Magpul.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley, in the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I graduated from Suarez International's Ultimate Combat Skills Course.

The only issues I have had with any gun is using shitty mags. I learned that from trial and error when I bought my first.
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....