Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default THE ARMY'S NEW SMG

ggg.jpg

On Monday, Army Contracting Command awarded Swiss defense contractor Brugger & Thomet a $2.5 million contract to outfit the personal security details with the APC9K carbine.

ARMY'S NEW SMG

It is interesting how with all the mini 5.56 rifles, and PDWs, the goal was a 9mm.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

"...greater lethality than pistols...."

Unglaublich.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 3, 15. And a wakeup.

1080 RPM, that equates to 18 rounds per second. You won't be able to single shot that thing on full auto.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

No matter what "Larry" says
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Just watched a test on MAC. Low recoil, highly controllable, compact. If you can run an AR, you can run this. But the high RPM means the best you can do is three rounds, give or take, per pull on full auto.

Note the mag release and the bolt release are relatively close to each other. Until you have some reps in, careful not to dump the mag when you mean to release the bolt. Charging handle does not reciprocate.
    Last edited by Papa; 06-10-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 3, 15. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Just watched a test on MAC. Low recoil, highly controllable, compact. If you can run an AR, you can run this. But the high RPM means the best you can do is three rounds, give or take, per pull on full auto.

Note the mag release and the bolt release are relatively close to each other. Until you have some reps in, careful not to dump the mag when you mean to release the bolt. Charging handle does not reciprocate.
    My failsafe is to pull back on whatever retracts the bolt, then release and not go around pushing buttons
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Given what the Army wants this thing for, I’m having a hard time understanding why they didn’t just go with the MP9, another excellent weapon made by Brugger and Thomet.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

I suspect this is going to be an item of VERY LIMITED issue (or at least that is the intent). It sounds like it is a weapon for EP missions and similar. In THAT role not only does 9mm "work"; but so does a high cyclic rate.

Now the question will be how long before "special" guys decide they neeeeeeed it for out of design missions, because they are special kinda like how PDWs which were designed for non combat troops, ended up in the hands of SOF and SWAT types.

That picture is of the pervious model. The Army model has different charging handles and has been adapted to an AR grip. Here is a picture. Note it has BUIS built into the rail - similar to what you find on a Tavor.
    https://cdn.athlonoutdoors.com/wp-co...019/04/BT.jpeg

If shot it next to my MP5. It is lighter, more compact, and recoil is reduced by the internal hydraulic buffer. The MP5 recoil, however, is divine and Bruce Willis or the SAS did not carry it. It will fire with the stock retracted.

I like that it's just a lower change to get to Glock or Sig mags.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TwoBodyOneHead; 06-11-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Since it’s soecifixally called out for PSD’s you can expect it’s to make the Generals happy by making their PSD look cool. The SF guys I was with in Astan had 2 MP5’s that occasionally came out for fun. A general stopped by one day and half of his PSD has them.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle