Default Anyone have a good chilli recipe

I know Texans do not consider it real chilli with beans in it but I like beans in mine. Lets see your recipes.
    I am in a sunny place full of shady people

You can add beans but I usually get the fattiest chuck roast I can find, slow roast it, use all the grease from that as a base, chop the meat up and then you can add ground wild game for flavor. After that it’s just tomatoes, tomato paste garlic, onions and peppers (whole, chopped or ground. I use jalapeños, cayennes and ground red pepper) until it tastes right. The longer you cook it the better it gets.
    If it doesn’t have the strong fatty flavor you can throw in some bacon or butter.
    Chili is easy to taste and tweak as you go as long as you make it a day in advance. I’ve had decent chili that was thrown together in a couple hours but good chili needs to be slow cooked for at least one 8 hour cycle (I usually do 2-3).
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Tom's Chili Paste and Texas Chili

Inspired by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, in the book "The Food Lab", but with my own twists.

Chili Paste:

6-8 dried New Mexico chili peppers
    3 dried pasilla/ancho chili peppers
    6-8 dried arbol chili peppers

4 T whole cumin seed
    2 T oregano
    10 cloves of garlic, peeled

2 T Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder
    2 t Vegemite
    2 t beef flavored Better Than Bouillon

1/4 c brown sugar
    2 c water

Seed and chop peppers into 1 inch pieces, making sure that they are not moldy inside. Toast in a large Dutch oven, turning frequently and without letting it smoke for 5-8 minutes, until fragrant. Remove to a bowl.

Gently toast cumin seeds for 4-5 minutes, until fragrant.

Add all remaining paste ingredients to the Dutch oven, and simmer for 5 minutes, until chilis are tender. Move to a tall small container (for example Pyrex), and use immersion blender until very smooth.

If you're making chili imediately, don't clean out the Dutch oven, just proceed. Chili paste can be frozen until needed.

Texas Chili:

4-5 lbs beef chuck, trimmed of silverskin and diced into 2" cubes
    2 large sweet onions, large diced
    1/4 t cinnamon (optional)
    1/8 t allspice (optional)

1 batch Chili Paste
    1 quart water

Using the Dutch oven, sear about 3/4 lb of the cubed beef chuck in 2-3 T vegetable oil, without moving it around. Add all other ingredients, stir to combine, cover with a lid slightly ajar, and put in a 180 oven for a day, stirring occasionally.

Season to taste with salt, pepper, vinegar, and bourbon.

Thicken with a whisked in tablespoon or two of instant cornmeal, like Maseca.

Serve with grated cheddar, diced sweet onions, green onions, sour cream, sliced or diced jalapenos, avocado, cilantro, corn chips, and/or tortillas.

Not so Texas Chili:

Substitute half of the meat with boneless pork ribs.

Add cooked pinto beans to taste.

I'll vouch for this one. http://dvorak.org/CHILI.htm

Well l don’t know about the beans ( I like beans in my chili) and I am a Texan .
    Chili is a personal thing . Here’s a rough outline.
    Start with a pound of bacon chopped ( good thick cut bacon) . I use wright bacon.
    Brown till crispy. Add 1 1/2-2 pounds of meat. Course ground meat, groud pork, venison or any game.
    Now it’s time for the spice. It’s important to add the spice while the meat is browning. The base is 1/4 cup chili powder, 1 tablespoon of Smokey paprika, garlic,salt and pepper ,cumin and some heat red pepper or chose your own ground or fresh peppers. Make it your own.
    Now veggies tomatoes fresh or canned,bell peppers ( any color) onion. Wait on the beans till it’s done.
    Add beer or chicken broth start with 2 cups. Simmer for at least 2 hrs.
    Adjust to taste . Add the pinto beans now.lol
    Hope this helps.
    To be a Lion you must Train with Lions!

Warriors confront the evil that most people refuse to acknowledge!

How spicy can you handle things? I have a really good recipe, but its also on the upper end of heat for the vast majority of people. I can always tailor it down and swap the Reapers for Habs. Let me know how hot you can eat and il post it.
    If one doesn´t have a pure heart, heaven will never permit any pleasurable times.