Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kimber revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Francisp View Post
    I would personally not have anything to do with anything that comes from grant cunningham. I understand he was a codesigner of it.
    Why not?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

360. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushinto View Post
    Although I have no need for one, I think it is very well thought out. Decent night sights, no sharp edges, slightly thinner design, good grips, smooth double action, are all features that have been lacking in production revolvers.

If they had it in a lighter weight, say titanium, I would probably buy one.

-- ML
    My thoughts largely echo this. Like Gabe, I see little point in a revolver that is the same weight as a G19. A lightweight material would be much more relevant.

I do think the design is well done. At least from the outside. And the trigger was surprisingly good. But long term I question how reliable it will be, Kimber's QC has been questionable in the past.

I do appreciate innovation, and I think this revolver is a good step. It's an incremental improvement to what a modern revolver can be.

But it's only incremental. At this point, I would still prefer a lightweight S&W. Or even a Ruger SP101 that has had the rough edges removed.

My S&W Airweight received some attention from Swamp Thing...the trigger is now PERFECT and I have much more trust in it than the Kimber.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Kansas
    Pistol Groundfighting, Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Why not?
    In short, as you may have heard last summer New Jersey had a magazine confiscation. We applealed it before the third circuit court in Philadelphia and argued that magazine limits do not reduce deaths in mass shootings. At the same time he began writing public articles about how magazine limits do reduce casualties during mass shootings (yet claimed he didnt agree with them). I urged him to take this down so it would not be used against us and posted information showing he was wrong anyway. He scolded me like I was a child and told me not to comment on his articles. Ive made sure every gun group in the 3rd circuit I found was aware of his statements. The guy has no real world experience and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisp View Post
    In short, as you may have heard last summer New Jersey had a magazine confiscation. We applealed it before the third circuit court in Philadelphia and argued that magazine limits do not reduce deaths in mass shootings. At the same time he began writing public articles about how magazine limits do reduce casualties during mass shootings (yet claimed he didnt agree with them). I urged him to take this down so it would not be used against us and posted information showing he was wrong anyway. He scolded me like I was a child and told me not to comment on his articles. Ive made sure every gun group in the 3rd circuit I found was aware of his statements. The guy has no real world experience and it shows.
    Thanks. Essential info. I don't know how being a retired revolver gunsmith makes you an authority on anything except, if you're any good, gunsmithing revolvers. My take is that he wasn't willing or able to continue and decided to set himself up as a gun guru.

If this is how he weighs in on 2A issues, he is a remarkable douche.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

360. And a wakeup.

Not a TID. I purchased a used 3Ē one because this is America and I can. Seller didnít like shooting .357 out of it so he took a $400 loss. Very nice trigger, neat design, and very fun and pleasant to shoot .38 special. Cannot recommend other than for the acquirer in me. S&W much more practical if you need a revolver.