Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit much?

Default A bit much?

Ok, I got this video sent to me in an email. Active shooter drill. Guy makes some good points, yes, I agree - don't get caught standing over the shooter's body with a gun in your hand, etc. Common sense to most of us. What I'm scratching my head about is how he seems to want to almost straddle the damned bad guy after putting him to the ground. Look, pop an extra round or two in his head from a couple feet/yards away once he's down, then maintain a safe distance. Not sure why he also seems to want to kneel down so close to the bad guy. Thoughts?

https://www.bravoconcealment.com/blo...eid=b1f16296a0
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

I DO NOT KNOW.

Maybe I am just not as cool as he is, but in my experience I would deal with an active shooter differently. Oh, and some things cannot be replicated on a shooting range with live fire ammo as well as in a force on force setting. I will bet that I can make better gunfighters without them ever firing a shot on a shooting range.

But then again...I could be totally wrong and this guy is what you should all emulate.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

All I'm saying, Gabe, is yes - don't be the guy standing around with a gun in your hand over a bloody body on the floor when the police arrive. He obviously got that part right. But I was trying to point out some of the strange shit people put out there. Standing over the body, straddling it as he is, then kneeling down next to it? This guy claims he was a cop. I don't know. Maybe he shouldn't be teaching in any case. Trust me, I'll be following your advice on dealing with active shooters over any else's. Just pointing out the weirdness in his video. I definitely wouldn't be caught dead (no pun intended) emulating the guy in the video any time soon.
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

No. No. No.

Shoot the bad guy, anchor him, look for more work, reload when appropriate. You wanna do the tango-down tango, do it when all the tangos are down. And straddling the bad guy? Try getting off the X with a dead guy underfoot.

And then there's the business of the headon approach--but my eyes are dim with tears and I can write no more.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 2, 11. And a wakeup.

Too many movies. And too much Rainbow Six.
    I've seen cleaner lines and sharper edges on a box of donuts --- Jon Payne

Even with the heads up from the
    previous posts, I couldn't watch
    the vid past 40 seconds...
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

The video should probably come with a disclaimer:

"Don't get your active shooter training from a guy who works for a holster company."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

That guy is a cock juggling thunder cunt...
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    That guy is a cock juggling thunder cunt...
    Quote of the day.

Couldn't get past 1:35. . . Stood over the body, but never kicked the shooters weapon(s) away. Also, depending on motive, BG could be strapped with IED. Standing over him or kneeling next to him (with no cover) - bad idea. No proactive reload. What a Cluster F*ck.
    We have to go in places no body would ever think of going into were it not for the necessities of war. ~ Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Be convinced that to be happy means to be free and that to be free means to be brave. Therefore do not take lightly the perils of war. ~ Thucydides