Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    And as much as we detest Peterson and his former boss, there's a slippery slope here that we don't want to traverse. -- Papa.

Look we all think this guy was a worthless cunt, but I agree with Papa. If the charges stick every cop who does not present the movie persona of John Wayne and Chuck Norris is a target. Some states allow a private citizen to file a criminal charge that the DA will not touch. Darn rare, but it happens in PA.

Choirboy

The parkland story continues

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — The Florida sheriff who was removed by the governor from his elected office after a school shooting that left 17 people dead is running for his old job in 2020.
    Former Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel filed paperwork Monday stating his intention to run in the August 2020 Democratic primary.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis suspended Israel in January for his department's response to the February 2018 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland.

Israel is fighting the suspension before the Florida Senate and had previously committed to running for the seat regardless of whether he was reinstated.

The Republican governor has accused Israel of incompetence and neglect of duty for failing to properly train his deputies for an active shooter situation. https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...-job/23760907/

One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    .....there's a slippery slope here that we don't want to traverse.
    I agree with you. A slope that will affect everyone gets gets to sliding on it
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by 62-10 View Post
    An issue that is likely to surface from this is who had the "last clear chance" to end the carnage...which, from my perspective, is a potential civil liability issue, not a criminal matter.
    And yet...when you end up on the wrong side of the politics and money, things like that...those little details...matter not. Trust me on this.
    Gabriel Suarez

On Papa's slippery slope. There are unintended consequences to everything. When the LAPD officers were convicted of the Rodney King deal, it ushered a new era of inactivity by the police in So-Cal. Guys got into their cars and did as little as possible. Self initiated contacts dropped to nearly nothing. And when deployed to something "hot" guys obeyed the traffic laws and waited for back up and the whole nine yards. The fear that they would follow the LAPD guys was firmly in everyone's minds. And as much as some might want to get upset with me - again - and call me anti-cop again - the fact remains that the average LEO will not sacrifice his job, pension, marriage or future for anyone. It is human nature.

The slippery slope deal in this case...depending on how the case goes and is concluded...may have a serious effect on law enforcement. Maybe for the good...the sissies will leave and the wondergirl Broward Captains and Chiefs will be put in their proper places, and a new era of Crime Fighter will emerge...or the opposite effect. That being a replay of post-riots-policing version 2.0.
    Gabriel Suarez

Two things just recently occurred here;

1) Broward County Sheriff's just lost their accreditation , not a big deal but administratively leaves a black mark on the department.

2) Governor removed past sheriff, Scott Isreal just posted his paperwork and intentions to run for his old office in the Democratic primary in 2020. If this guy gets elected we are in some deep trouble, but considering we are in the Democratic stronghold of Florida anything is possible.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I kneel for no man and pray to only one God; Jesus Christ.

تدريب لتكون في نهاية المطاف الأمريكي الكافر

CRG 09/2012, TMCO 11/2012, RGF I 09/2013, ACRG 11/2013

Quote Originally Posted by TACC View Post
    Two things just recently occurred here;

1) Broward County Sheriff's just lost their accreditation , not a big deal but administratively leaves a black mark on the department.

2) Governor removed past sheriff, Scott Isreal just posted his paperwork and intentions to run for his old office in the Democratic primary in 2020. If this guy gets elected we are in some deep trouble, but considering we are in the Democratic stronghold of Florida anything is possible.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Does he have any political support. Do the local democrats blame him (Israel) for what happened at parkland? Do the locals think he was a scapegoat?
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez