Default MAN SAVES HIS LEG USING HIS MIND

Sorry Guys

The article was in Afrikaans in the Sunday paper so I am unable to post a link.

The Back-story is as follows.

The man was physically fit and had being runner his whole life. This included competing in the Comrades Ultra Marathon a total of 40 times.

He stared experiencing regular pain in his left calf and after ending up in the Medical-tent at a race doctors discovered that he had circulation problems in his left leg. After an unsuccessful bypass operation the doctors the doctors wanted to amputate the leg. The one doctor even telling him that he had the perfect prosthetic leg already lined up. He refused but after the failed operation the wound had a hard time healing.

His wife a psychologist suggested that he start talking to his leg, while rubbing it and visualizing how the blood flows through his veins. Being a psychologist himself he believed in the power of positive thinking combined with the rubbing and visualization.

He is still on permanent medication but started running short distances again and have recently completed a Half-Marathon.

I think this is a great example of a Mental Kata practiced daily, visualizing the outcome that you want.

Just as you would visualize yourself confidently and smoothly executing your techniques when practicing your Kata.

Reinforced by verbalizing what you "seeing" changing the internal dialog-You need to hear yourself say it to believe it.

Once you have seen your goal and described it, it becomes real/alive. And once it is a living thing it is no longer abstract and suddenly becomes possible.

OSSU!
    Elfie
    HALFMAN HALFCAR

Interesting anecdote. Not really fitting in the mental kata discussion, but interesting nonetheless.

"There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy"
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Morning Cabe

My apologies.

I read the Mental Kata threat again and will instead look and my own Flowchart to see if there are more Katas hiding within/ between the the boxes and will add those thoughts to the threat.

My hope is that more fellow South Africans will join the forum in the future and find this information useful.

OSSU!
    Elfie
    HALFMAN HALFCAR