Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Russian gun laws. Russian civilians can own AKs and ARs with license

Russian gun laws. Russian civilians can own AKs and ARs with a license. You can get a license at 18 at first for a shotgun and after five years you can then own rifles. AKs must be converted to semiauto. The magazines must be blocked or constructed to hold no more than 10 rounds. While against the law, there is no legal penalty for removing the block or otherwise having a 30 round mag, it is just against law. The penalty is if you get caught hunting with more than 10 rounds. You own semi-auto converted maxim guns that are theoretically called a hunting carbine with 10 round belt.
    Pistols can not be legally carried or possessed by civilians. Sport shooters can have a pistol at a club where it is stored and the shooter can shoot it at the club or it can be transported to competition events.

One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

In my experience, Russians want the same things in life that we do. Hardly the boogieman the media paints them as, they have never taken my money under color of law vis-a-vis taxes, tried to regulate my business out of existence, nor attempted to affect my life one way or the other. They are not, as far as I have seen, "communist". The only communists alive today are in the USA.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    They are not, as far as I have seen, "communist". The only communists alive today are in the USA.
    LOL I think once you've gone down that road and come out of the the other end of the rabbit hole you arent inclined to go back in.

Luckily Im old enough to remember the cold war and what it was like. Now everything is covered in PC bubble wrap and the masses are awed by shiny objects like the latest smart phones built by Chairman Moa's offspring.

7M3

It seems rather onerous, though. I wonder why Russians are such pansies about pistols.
    Also not addressed was if there is any variation in gun laws on the local or departmental level vs national.

I have a good gaming friend that lives in Moscow. He is wanting to get his Shotgun License and then get into Rifles when he is able. I can see if he wants to come here and post about the process if anyone is interested. There are some curious "Rifles" marketed in Russia that only have rifling on half the barrel and shoot Rifle type bullets but are labeled under Shotguns due to having a partial smoothbore. They also have interesting rubberbullet guns for Self Defense in modified pistols that are pretty easy for citizens to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithWolf View Post
    I have a good gaming friend that lives in Moscow. He is wanting to get his Shotgun License and then get into Rifles when he is able. I can see if he wants to come here and post about the process if anyone is interested. There are some curious "Rifles" marketed in Russia that only have rifling on half the barrel and shoot Rifle type bullets but are labeled under Shotguns due to having a partial smoothbore. They also have interesting rubberbullet guns for Self Defense in modified pistols that are pretty easy for citizens to obtain.
    The paradox guns, i think british. had rifling at the end of the muzzle.
    What Is A Paradox Gun?

Put simply, a Paradox Gun is a shotgun with a partially rifled barrel that enables it to shoot both slugs and shot with reasonable accuracy.

Colonel G.V. Fosbery first developed what we now call the Paradox Gun back in the 1880s by adding a small amount of rifling to the choke on a shotgun. He quickly discovered that a couple of inches of rifling at the end of the barrel was enough to stabilize a single projectile (like a ball or modern day slug), yet still produced a good pattern with traditional shot loads.
    The legendary British gun maker Holland & Holland bought the patent rights from Fosbery and started manufacturing and selling firearms using the marketing name Paradox Gun. Since the word “paradox” refers to a statement that contradicts itself, the name “Paradox Gun” stems from the fact that one of the defining characteristics of a shotgun is a smooth barrel, yet this particular shotgun has a partially rifled barrel. https://thebiggamehuntingblog.com/wh...a-paradox-gun/
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Makes New Jersey seem gun friendly. Thanks for this. People dont appreciate what we have.

I dabble in Military surplus work and one of my best friends and most reliable contacts in that business recently took home his .366 TKM converted AKM to keep his Saiga company. Here are his videos:

"they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb

Estonian Gunlaws. If you get a permit for a pistol you can also carry it concealed, but with the chamber empty.

I love this part "you are not supposed to use a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds however there is not an actual punishment for doing so"

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16