Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "All I care about is my immediate family, my minuscule crew, and myself. Because besides that group of maybe 10 people, I am alone out here. Definitely not going to Cobain
    myself. Just accepting reality and moving on."

This is a reality, where I live and how it affects me. Governments and politics, they flip and flop, they rise and fall, they move left and right, they even disappear from the face of the earth. I am here in the now and have those I am responsible for, be efficient and do anything that is the betterment of that.
    Psalm 127:1
    Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hale View Post
    "All I care about is my immediate family, my minuscule crew, and myself. Because besides that group of maybe 10 people, I am alone out here. Definitely not going to Cobain
    myself. Just accepting reality and moving on."

This is a reality, where I live and how it affects me. Governments and politics, they flip and flop, they rise and fall, they move left and right, they even disappear from the face of the earth. I am here in the now and have those I am responsible for, be efficient and do anything that is the betterment of that.
    In my opinion, people get way to emotionally involved in politics, the same way they do with sports. Like sports I can appreciate the game and performance of the athletes without getting emotionally involved. The same goes for my guns and equipment, I select what works and if I find something better, I change. I don't make excuses for sticking with what I have unless the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

As an adult and a citizen you should care about the country and it's political atmosphere to the point that you can be an educated voter. You don't need to get emotionally involved or invested but at least keep your finger to the wind. I find the "IDC about politics" and the "Trump is a Manchurian Candidate" comments from 2016, are similar in that they are the extreme and equally useless when it comes to effecting change and steering local representation.

There are far too many conservatives that aren't adult about politics, they're either overly emotionally involved reactionaries or unplugged isolationists. People have forgotten that it's ok to not agree absolutely with everyone.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    In my opinion, people get way to emotionally involved in politics, the same way they do with sports. Like sports I can appreciate the game and performance of the athletes without getting emotionally involved. The same goes for my guns and equipment, I select what works and if I find something better, I change. I don't make excuses for sticking with what I have unless the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

As an adult and a citizen you should care about the country and it's political atmosphere to the point that you can be an educated voter. You don't need to get emotionally involved or invested but at least keep your finger to the wind. I find the "IDC about politics" and the "Trump is a Manchurian Candidate" comments from 2016, are similar in that they are the extreme and equally useless when it comes to effecting change and steering local representation.

There are far too many conservatives that aren't adult about politics, they're either overly emotionally involved reactionaries or unplugged isolationists. People have forgotten that it's ok to not agree absolutely with everyone.
    BOOM
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Marx had it wrong...It is politics and not religion, that is the opiate of the masses.
    That is an interesting perspective. And you may well be right. Especially since people can play with politics, something they really can't do with faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post
    That is an interesting perspective. And you may well be right. Especially since people can play with politics, something they really can't do with faith.
    At my age I find zealots of any kind tiresome.

I will say that I don't think at the stage we are we can "disagree" in a friendly manner. Things have moved beyond the point where compromises are possible. So we can disagree about whether a movie was worth watching, or the merits of Scotch over Bourbon, but not over the differences in right and left over medical care, personal taxes, or social regulation.

The left has their agenda and it is completely incompatible with what a successful freeman would want for his life. For that matter the agenda of the religious extreme is also incompatible with free people. Religious extremists, like their political brethren come in all shapes and garments. It is easy to point to the Jihadi with his bombs and burkhas, but the christian taliban (great term I stole from Sua) would ban alcohol, bikinis, and R-rated movies...they just won't kill you over it.

At some point, the historical choices are comply, rebel, or take your shit and go live elsewhere.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters