Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Glock 22 and 23 range?

I keep getting deals people are throwing at me on Glock 22s and 23s. Sometimes these seem to be too good to pass up but I switched all my carry stuff over to 9mm.

I guess my question is, how capable at distance is the .40 round? I used to exclusively carry the .40 but once I arrived to this site, I wanted to stick with what was A. better performing at distance, and B. a tad less expensive.

On the other hand, I guess I could pick these up and convert the internals to 9mm and buy Suarez slides.
    Chris

To me the deals aren't worth it. I have several 17's and 19's I don't see the point of getting a Glock in another caliber. I just buy a few more cases of 9mm ammo. ( But I have a range in my back yard and go through 500 -1000 rounds per month.)

I bought a couple of G22 for a good price and put Suarez slides and internals on them. One became a SI G34 the other became a SI G35. I never cared much for 40. I find the muzzle flip to be obnoxious. But I really like it for a PDW.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

A barrel change gets you a .357 SIG. And as you point out, you can change out ejector and slide for 9mm.

Don't care much for the .40 either. It's our duty round. Our SOP says .40 or .45, no 9mm except backup or off duty.
    Stupid rules lead to workarounds: at one time I carried an M9 for "backup" with a 30 round magazine.

I usually carry a G21. Got pissed at admin recently and started carrying their .40. I'll get over this childish behavior soon.
    Last edited by Papa; 11-20-2016 at 11:35 AM.

My issue weapons are .40, so having an extra trainer laying around is attractive to me. Further, due to the amount of trigger time I put in on .40 (and NY triggers, yuck!), I find that shooting the .40 just makes me better at shooting the 9mm Glock 19 that I carry. I am planning on grabbing another 22/23 over the Black Friday window.

Short of an institutional mandate to use .40 S&W, unless you have standardized into that for personal reasons, I don't see a purpose in picking one up, short of a project piece such as a .357 SIG PDW.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

Took me years to get comfortable with the .40, still don't like it as much as the 10mm or .45
    But in a service gun, I can't see the 9mm, and I've owned some of the best.

Why the dislike? Too many years shooting things other than man.
    The 9mm has not impressed me, even with the modern loads. Deer, elk, cows, too many dogs.

On this site I am in the minority, but I'll take the .40 over the 9mm every day.
    It's why I carry a G23 instead of a 19.

It's my opinion, my choice, my butt in the end.
    I'm comfortable with my choice of the .40.

Chris I am right there with you. 399 new non blue label price on a G23 and 320 or so for used makes it hard to not grab a 40. Even if the express intent is to convert either to 9 or 357 sig. with Black friday deals coming up one could probably buy one and convert it for the same price as a new 17/19. Now if I can just find that good of a deal on a 26/27 I know what I will get for christmas.
    Greg Nichols- Who you are 5 years from now is directly related to the books you read, who you associate with, and how you spend your free time.

www.Tiptoeintocrypto.com - How to get started with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

Well, i have to eat my words, sort of. PSA has the G23 gen 3's for $399 so I bought one! Turns out I have a complete 19 upper at home and my 23 is now a 19!!!

I need to sell the 23 upper now!

If you're going to convert it to a 9mm, why buy a complete 23? Why not just buy a frame?

Availability? I had enough parts on hand to convert it, but I ended up with a 22 that I converted to a 17. After selling the slide and barrel the frame basically cost me $100 (plus parts I already had).
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."