Hybrid View

Default Contest: The Old Warrior’s Prayer (After the Standard has Faded.)

“Lord, we have been to dark places and seen dark deeds done. We have fought and bled and sacrificed to bring Your light and the light of Your Spirit to the ever-growing darkness.

We have borne the pall and laid to rest the very best among us. Though their names will never be known by those who live only because they Stood and Fell, they did not bear Your Sword in vain.

We walk with the weight of their sacrifice upon our shoulders as a mantle of Duty and Honor. This weight is not a burden but a proud symbol of Faith gratefully accepted; one that makes us stronger as we continue to walk the path You have set before us.

Unbowed.

Unbroken.

Now in the Autumn of our years; we find some comfort in simple pleasures; and solace in our shared song of lament for those honored comrades who have fallen before us, who we will one day embrace again on another shore.

Mostly we seek a life of peace and quiet, on our own land, with our own counsel; among the fellowship of those few trustworthy and proven warriors we were both born to and have chosen in battle.

Those upon whom we have bestowed the highest honors and most noble titles:

Brothers.

Family.

But to those who would think that in the twilight, we have forgotten the darkness and evil that lurks in shadow...

Woe unto thee! For our Oath to our Lord and Savior stands beyond the whole of us.

Our scarred and calloused hands have never forgotten the warm and comforting grip of Sword and Shield. They are still as familiar to us as our own breath.

Our eyes still pierce the night, and we have no fear of the taste of blood. Our hearts still beat strong and our souls can yet be stirred to both the righteous and the terrible!

So... To those of ill will, leave us and be forewarned: Mercy is not a gift given freely. Press not upon our peaceful retirement, or the last you will know is that by which we earned it.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Amen!
    To be a Lion you must Train with Lions!

Warriors confront the evil that most people refuse to acknowledge!

Amen and amen.
    Soli Deo Gloria

Amen
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Amen

Good prayer!