Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AR 15 Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by roll tide View Post
    I want a gun to hide in a back pack to carry with me concealed
    Again, remember to think Role, Niche, Envelope. If concealable rifle is the role, I'd go with a folding brace, 9", .300 BO, AR pistol, because it's a .30 cal projectile in the smallest reliable configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    Like, on a day-to-day around town? I would, again, have to ask, why?

So in what situations would you want to use it? There are even downsides for proactive situations.
    If I was in Minneapolis during Ramadan I would as one example. I could think of others but the likelihood of me doing it all the time is pretty low
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Again, remember to think Role, Niche, Envelope. If concealable rifle is the role, I'd go with a folding brace, 9", .300 BO, AR pistol, because it's a .30 cal projectile in the smallest reliable configuration.

If I was in Minneapolis during Ramadan I would as one example. I could think of others but the likelihood of me doing it all the time is pretty low
    This. There’s a place for this type of tool but you have to really think about the why and when of its use.

On the other hand, want is the only justification that is needed.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    This. There’s a place for this type of tool but you have to really think about the why and when of its use.

"Because it's sexy" is about all the justification I need.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Default AR 15 Pistols

I conceal carry a Glock pistol. I have no NEED for what I have but I enjoy shooting AR Pistols and Glocks in a chassis. They allow me to shoot quickly and more accurately than an MOS Glock, alone.

I acquired a few of these pistols by trading knives. I have a few 5.56 mm, a 300 AAC/Blackout for suppressor use, a couple of chassis just for fun at the range because I have 12 Glock pistols, and I just acquired two AR Pistol in 45 ACP and 9 mm.

I like the Law Tactical Folding Adapter for storage and if I were to have the AR Pistols in the truck.

I acquired the following because I suppress my firearms when I shoot in my backyard range.

45 ACP Glock Mag Atheris Rifle Co AR Pistol

9mm Glock Mag Atheris Rifle Co AR Pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by CDR_Glock; 05-21-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post

For reactive response if I am off property and in town the concealable glock or such is what you need to get to your car where the AR pistol is. But If I can get to my car I can leave. i would not carry one in bag or brief case except in proactive role when off my property. I am unlikely to be doing anything like that. Perhaps I might carry one in a car if there was a general scenario of no rule of law.

Where I see it for use is about my estate where I want rifle like effectiveness, but do not want to advertise what I have. They will conceal well under a loose jacket for example. After a hurricane I might want one handy instead of carrying a full size carbine when patrolling the property. These are also roles that the shockwave type shotguns can handle also. The range of the shotgun is limited and may not be as useful under some conditions where ranges are more than 50 yards.
    I remember when I was putting up a fence next my creek that I smelled strong solvents strong about and I assumed someone was dumping stuff into the creek. It occurred sometime after the event, I bet someone was cooking meth in that bottom land Forrest. People locally will cook meth just about anywhere including their car trunks. But whether I would investigate on my own, probably not. Next time I smell something like that I will call the sheriffs department and let them look into it since they get paid to do such things.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Amen brother, I am not asking permission to have a rifle.....very good feedback from most, thank you very much

what is the bottom photo, very short bareel with folder 5 inch BLK?

No that's a PCC so it won't fit your requirements.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Default AR 15 Pistols

Atherisp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by CDR_Glock; 05-22-2019 at 04:03 AM.

My SBR 300 Blackout is a Robinson XCR-L. The adjustable gas block allows me to tune it to whatever ammo I may have on hand and when using a suppressor. The barrel is 9.5" and the stock folds. Because it is a piston gun it can be fired with the stock folded if need be. I also have a 10" 6.8 SPC barrel kit as well which gives me a lot of flexibility on one frame. This was purchased before AR pistols that could be shouldered became a thing. Nowadays I think the pistol is the way to go.

XCR-L Mini.jpg
    GOOD GUY'S SHOOT AK'S!

The DOG HOUSE is my comfort zone!