Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SAVATE

Brent thanks that you took the time to answer my questions so thoroughly.

Your suggestion that the Roundhouse Kick could be used from your back is a timely reminder.

I have a couple more questions regarding the Jon Jones Oblique Kick-Again I need to understand the Kick visually and intellectually. So I may share/teach this kick in the future.

Starting Point: I am in Fighting Stance with my Left Leg in front.

Outside Oblique Kick: So I am attacking the Outside of my Attackers Left Knee with my Rear/Right Leg.

Visual Glue: If the Attacker starts to move towards my Left his knee starts to point in that direction. Making the Squire on Oblique Kick Harder.

NOTE: I had a hard time "Landing the Kick" visually because I kept thinking in terms of SABAKI`S letting the Attacker move past my wrist before trying "to land the Kick"

Using the Attacker is Moving Past My Left Wrist as a Reference Point-Something I do when Knive Fighting. The Attacker has moves past my Center Line at this point and I need to switch to my Left Blade because I cannot bring my Right Blade into the fight anymore. My Right Arm switching to my Turning Arm and the Left to my Weapon Arm.

Looking at the clip again I realized that the Attacker has only started to move and is still more or less in front of me. Visual Glue: In front of both my fists/Guard.

Inside Oblique Kick: Still in a Fighting Stance with my Left Leg Leading. The Attackers starts to move to my Right and the knee again points in that direction.

If I want to Attack the Inside of the Knee do I Kick with my Lead/Left Leg this time? Using the closets Leg to the Attacker`s and without needing to change my Stance/Have to Move to bring my Right Leg into the fight.

OSSU!
    Elfie
    HALFMAN HALFCAR

Wheel

The heel up position in a Oyata side kick is where it ends up as it hits, Part of the rationale is that if hit with a decending elbow block it does not hit little bones in the foot.

It is hard to describe.

No Worries CM.

It has become second nature with me that when I see a new technique to immediately try and break it down in my mind.

And once I understand how the technique is executed I start to articulate those thoughts into words, breaking it down into Building Blocks.

That I use to either share the technique, clearly able to explain how the technique works-Just using words without needing to physically demonstrate the technique/To teach it step by step using the Building Blocks.

Unfortunately I am unable to workout at the moment but I am trying to come up with a solution and am using these posts and questions to keep my head up until things change.

OSSU!
    Elfie
    HALFMAN HALFCAR