Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any known problems with G48?

The better half fell in love with a Tiffany Blue (a/k/a Robinís Egg Blue in Glock nomenclature) Glock 48. I have been a little less than thrilled with some performance issues with my Glock 42 that I grabbed up about as soon as they came out. I just wanted to see if anybody here knows of any problems with these early 48 models.

I just picked one up for my wife. She shot my buddies G48 and fell in love with it... Shot it just as well as her 19 but was much happier with the feel of the grip. It recoils a bit more than the 19 but her ability to get a better grip compensates for any additional recoil.
    We just picked it up so it only has 200 rounds through it so far, 150 124gr Federal hardball and 50 124gr +P HST, but no issues there.
    My buddy has been carrying his for a few months and no issues so far for him either.
    Definitely not near enough data yet but it's what I got for you.

I have heard of no problems, but the 42 did have a rough start.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

Not to highjack, but what kind of issues do/did you have with your G42s? My 43s are primo -- nary a failure after about a thousand rounds between the two -- and I've pondered getting a 42 just 'cuz.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

A newer 42 is GTG. Extraction problems IIRC.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Brightlightman View Post
    A newer 42 is GTG. Extraction problems IIRC.
    Roger. Good to know. I thunk about a 42 but it's down the road. Got a G17 slide with Suarez International for RMR milling, scrounging up money for either another G19 or a G43 (or maybe my G27?) to do likewise. After that probably another Cominolli safety.

Decisions, decisions ....
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Zen View Post
    Not to highjack, but what kind of issues do/did you have with your G42s? My 43s are primo -- nary a failure after about a thousand rounds between the two -- and I've pondered getting a 42 just 'cuz.
    Failure to extract is the problem with my 42. I have heard Smyrna never really acknowledged the problem on the record. But started putting better parts in them. I have also heard that I can send mine down there and it will come back with the better parts. This reminds me that I need to find out about that. I won’t sell it but I don’t see going back to carrying it as much as I did before now that I am nearly always comfortable with my G27. If I had put the purchase off for a year, I would never have bought it—would have bought a G43 instead.

Thanks to everybody for the responses. Gun bug really bit me hard when I was in that store. I plan to go back pretty soon. Probably getting that G48 and a nice Mossberg 590A1 next time Iím down there. I thought the prices were ok while I was there. But after leaving and comparing online, it looks like they may have been a little better than I even realized.

Problems evident in all Glocks

1). Using shit ammo
    2). Using old worn out magazines
    3). Lack of cleaning...EVER
    4). Shitty aftermarket additions
    5). Shitty aftermarket slides and barrels
    6). Use by someone that has no clue how to hold and shoot a pistol
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I put that G48 on layaway. I didn’t want it to get away, and the store said they would honor sale prices over the holiday and holiday weekend if it goes on sale while in layaway. The 590A1 was gone. But they had an 870 Police Magnum on clearance that I must have overlooked last time. Price was right and it seems like Remington police models are getting a little harder to come by. So I got it.