Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Im sorry; but my first thoughts were "purse in an unlocked car" in a neighborhood where shitheads are nearby.... then going hunting for it. I get the "I want to be a pirate" thing, but THIS was the best possible outcome for a bunch of really poor choices. Exactly what was irreplaceable in the stolen car? What good would have come out of shooting YOUR car? What do you do with the two thugs after you stop the car? How long before the police arrive VS how long before help comes for the bad guys? … and then what does your insurance say about the damage to your van (and other property) because YOU blocked the road?

IDK?
    I will comment on the part of thieves nearby. There is no non-gated community that will not be in the reach of thieves. I have friends that live in rural Georgia and they claim that thieves are coming from Atlanta to steal in their areas. In this case it appears to be youthful druggies living in a grand parents home. The owner could be a retired sheriff deputy from the next county. The house with the stolen car is a nice house. Here is County GIS of that house.
    InkedScreenshot_2019-05-17 Santa Rosa County Property Maps_LI 4963.jpg

The fact is that no place is safe. It is not against law or immoral to leave your purse in an unlocked car, but highly foolish. The victims are not at fault, just foolish. I should be able to leave my car open and kill anyone that messes with it morally. Legally I can not or better yet fix severed head to my gate posts.
    Even a gated community can have shitheads in it. Zimmerman lived in a gated community and there still where thieves and thugs about.
    My place has a permanently locked gate with dogs inside and I have no problems. I eventually will do the electronic surveillance and put out the $1,000's that I need to get proper NV. I have the money, but I am involved in other things now.
    The neighbor found his stolen car by using nextdoor. The other neighborhood had break ins that were posted and so he went driving and found his car. The cops did not do this. But with this information I suspect they will now get into action.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Back when I was a LEO another officer I was with ended up shooting a front tire of a crooks car who had done a bank robbery. Still lead us on a chase for several miles with speeds of about 50-60 mph. The rim was in shreds by the time he stopped. In general, dont shoot at cars. If circumstances permit, shooting at the driver is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    This ever happens to me, I hope I have the sense not to PIT my own POV with my own POV.
    the tires I've seen shot with handgun cartridges (in training) have acted like Papa illustrated...they only explode or go flat in Hollywood...as to stepping in front of a car so you could claim self defense is a poor idea...shooting at someone for property crimes is a poor choice as well...good luck with your choice

Bill

In 2012 my patrol partner and I caught a suicide* in deep east county, started out as a domestic attempted murder in Kent--about 50 miles from where some tourists called it in at a trailhead parking lot. The front tire of the pickup was flat, running on the rim from where we stopped looking on SR2, about a half mile from the trailhead.

Once, running code to back up a partner on a DVP, my back tire went flat (it had a screw in it, intentionally driven, probably by one of my neighbors). Hx of weapons at loc, bad radio that day. I ran it on the rim, telling myself, "It's not my car." Distance well over a mile. No damage to the Crown Vic, just the rim.

The whole shooting out the tires thing makes good theatre, bad practice.

*We caught the case, not the suicide. He was DRT. We passed it off to KCSO dicks as part of their domestic.
    Last edited by Papa; 05-17-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 6, 7. And a wakeup.

Update on it. The car was located in Milton florida.
    My car was found around 2am this morning at carpenters park in Milton. The person last seen driving it is believed to be Jacob Burson. The police say they have a warrant for his arrest and are still trying to locate him.
    Without fingerprints I wonder if they will be able to convict him. Hopefully they processed the car.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez