Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The SI Jawbone and the 19X

I was down in Prescott shortly after Gabe and Shopmonkey had conspired on the Jawbone. This little beast was so sexy I couldn't resist so I had to buy it. This gun now gets a lot of time in the carry rotation.

2427C7F7-3F35-431C-AE65-0774188D482A.jpg

I took it with me on my last trip to Prescott. The comps were in stock so I had Shopmonkey install it. Upon returning to Seattle I shot the comped Jawbone side by side with another SI G19...it really is amazing how much this little comp makes a difference. I have to say I don't really think of 9mm causing that much jump, but shooting them next to each other it really is apparent. It makes me want to comp everything.

My brother now has a 19x. I don't have much interest in that gun but I swapped slides with my Jawbone just because I could. Sadly we didn't get to shoot these configurations but they were fun.

Of course this is no longer a 19X, it's just a chopped 19. But it's a nice looking package. I can see this as a compromise EDC or a largish BUG.
    CCC37E1D-FD35-46DE-B4F3-6298B690897E.jpg

For those that want a full size grip but the benefits of a comp, the 19X is a serious choice. The ability to swap the slides between an SI Jawbone 19 and a 19X gives you a lot of versatility.
    0D8DA48B-E9C8-4D5E-97EE-BDF1AE7CF294.jpg
    Last edited by Brent Yamamoto; 05-22-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Kansas
    Pistol Groundfighting, Washington

I especially like how the magwell is integrated without lengthening the grip over that of a G26.
    Last edited by Papa; 05-23-2019 at 05:14 AM. Reason: spelling
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

360. And a wakeup.

Shopmonkey outdid himself on this one.
    Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes:

Very nice. A pair of 19x's with comps (and all the fixings from the shop) is going to be my next firearms purchase.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

A comped 26 strikes me as a damn good EDC in its own right, however, a 19 grip with a 26 slide and comp might be my perfect pistol... Too bad there's no real way to build one.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    A comped 26 strikes me as a damn good EDC in its own right, however, a 19 grip with a 26 slide and comp might be my perfect pistol... Too bad there's no real way to build one.
    I went about this by comping my 26, then using the xgrip on a Glock 19 mag. Not as ideal as a 19 length grip, but honestly a little more versatile imo (being able to run a flush 10 rnd mag when more concealment is necessary).
    Combat Wombat: Eats Roots and Leaves.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
    "Marines don't know how to spell the word defeet"

Quote Originally Posted by CombatWombat View Post
    I went about this by comping my 26, then using the xgrip on a Glock 19 mag. Not as ideal as a 19 length grip, but honestly a little more versatile imo (being able to run a flush 10 rnd mag when more concealment is necessary).
    This is what I'm doing. My default set up is the 12-round mag w/ a G17 reload, but I have to agree that using the X-grip'd G19 mag feels better in the hand.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post

For those that want a full size grip but the benefits of a comp, the 19X is a serious choice.
    0D8DA48B-E9C8-4D5E-97EE-BDF1AE7CF294.jpg
    That's one sexy beast!

BTW Brent, I didn't mean to sidetrack your post with my mention of wanting a 26X from Glock. I recently put a Street Comp on my 19 which also sports an SI Slide and RM06 and the combination is eye-opening. I am not a great pistol shooter but the RMR/Comp duo instantly makes me much better than I was. Distance shooting is far easier with the dot and rapid fire can now be aimed VS quickly deteriorating into point shooting... The RMR allows me to track the dot through recoil and with the comp the dot never even leaves the window. It feels like cheating and yeah, it makes me want to comp and dot everything. Or more realistically, only consider pistols than can be both RMR and Comp fitted, at least as far as primary carry is concerned.

Not to worry, that’s what this thread is about.
    Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes: