Default Low blood pressure and some personal observations about wine, cholesterol

I see most here are concerned about high blood pressure and now I just got hit with low blood pressure
    Last year I went in for a physical and my blood pressure hit about 160, turned out I was coming down with a bout of flu and got sick for a week when I went home. But any way after a discussion with my physician of what could have caused it, I drastically cut my wine consumption to less then a couple oz per day. Yesterday I went in and it was 105/52 and pulse was 74. The doctor became worried that my lower legs might swell but they were fine. Both my parents had lower blood blood pressure. My mother is past a hundred now and still walking.
    Talking about LDL-Cholesterol my ratio is slightly high and has always been higher than what the medicos say is good. The test results put me at
    LDL-CHOLESTEROL 102 H mg/dL (calc)
    I do eat a lot of herring type fish and I like meat, but I am limiting my intake of meat. I am in my middle 70's
    Well looks like for me a slightly elevated LDL-CHOLESTEROL (calc) is not harmful and heavy consumption of wine raises blood bp.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

My wife has 2 generous glasses per night, but exercises pretty regularly to offset

Quote Originally Posted by twinboysdad View Post
    My wife has 2 generous glasses per night, but exercises pretty regularly to offset
    I was drinking more than two glasses. I have not done the reading, but was told it was not the alcohol, but something else from yeast that was causing the increase. When not with flu my pressure was about 130's/ 80's. Basically I lowered the pressure about 30 units.
    Good whiskey is cleaner than cheaper red wine grades I think and maybe would not do the same thing to pressure.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez