Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post a pic. How much of the cut does it occupy?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 0, 18. And a wakeup.

Used to be E.TX but now Kingman AZ, and now back in Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavySmoke View Post
    I picked up a X compact today. The deltapoint pro goes right on it. After shooting a hundred through it I'm not sure this trigger is even safe....
    What’s wrong with the trigger ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

Usually it is to clean up the ammo supply line. So everybody goes to 9mm, then the admin and firearms guys get together and say "not everyone can/will buy a 9mm pistol from the "approved list" , then it goes to lets solve that by issuing them one .

I always preferred an "approved list" and issue policy (you can shell out your dime for something on the list, or take what we give you)
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by paknheat View Post
    What’s wrong with the trigger ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It's a solid, straight trigger and it feels light. There isnt the split trigger like the Glock. Maybe it's my resistance to change, but I just dont see how this is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    Usually it is to clean up the ammo supply line. So everybody goes to 9mm, then the admin and firearms guys get together and say "not everyone can/will buy a 9mm pistol from the "approved list" , then it goes to lets solve that by issuing them one .

I always preferred an "approved list" and issue policy (you can shell out your dime for something on the list, or take what we give you)
    That's basically what it is. We can take the 320 they are issuing or buy any other 320 we like as long as it's in 9mm.

It's a solid, straight trigger and it feels light. There isnt the split trigger like the Glock. Maybe it's my resistance to change, but I just dont see how this is safe.
    Suspect you won't be dropping this one in an overcoat pocket, or carrying it in your waistband without a holster.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 0, 18. And a wakeup.

I would suggest that you look at a replacement trigger, my 320 came with the curved and I chose to buy and replace the trigger with a SIG OEM straight trigger. The trigger pull changed a bit but I found that it wasnt for me (finger pinch), I was more accurate with the curved. Also about 3 months ago I purchased a Gray Guns competition trigger kit, this included a new trigger and springs as well as sear,over travel tube and safety tube. The GG curved trigger feels a lot better than the OEM and the springs provide less pull weight. I was told this kit can be installed without the aftermarket springs and that is what some are doing and reporting a very nice and consistant trigger pull. Less pull weight may not be advisable in a duty gun. If you have to carry this gun perhaps you can use an aftermarket trigger kit. For what its worth, I've got 7,000 rounds thru 1 and a few thousand thru 2 more ....not one issue.

The good news is delta points are approved for duty use on the or the sig romeos. I dont know why the trijicons weren't on the list but they might get added.
    Bizarre but unsurprising. Nothing bureaucrats dictate surprises me anymore.

I started as a cop in a little town. We had a "carry whatever you want" policy. The Chief carried a Browning P-35 in condition 2 (hammer down on a live round). Three of us were IPSC shooters at the time (one was the state section coordinator) and two carried slightly modified Colt series 70 guns and I carried a Colt Combat Commander (in condition 3, round in the chamber, hammer cocked, safety on) . One guy had a old Colt Trooper, one had a S&W 27 6 inch, one had a S&W 28 4 inch, and later on one guy had a S&W 439. Officers provided their own guns and were responsible for any repairs.

Later I got hired by a department that issued the Sig 226, then the DAK Sig and then the Glock 22. They just authorized officers to carry any Glock 9mm or .40 cal and Trijicon or Vortex RDS sights are authorized but the officer has to buy them and provide an appropriate Safariland duty holster. If you elect to carry a 9mm, you have to provide your own training ammo. (Vortex is a local vendor and we have shot on their stylish new indoor range a few times for inservice.)

Not every instructor is a "gun guy" (of course, most are NOT) and they may not be comfortable or competent training on multiple weapons platforms. And how many different armorer schools are you going to send your guys to, and how current are they going to be? I can understand why some agencies limit the number of weapons types in use. As always, it's good to have an option to accommodate shooters with smaller hands. A Glock 17/22 is just too big in the circumference of the grip for some people, and authorizing a grip reduction or another gun is a good option.
    "We should always try to do the right thing and the moral thing and the legal thing, but first we should do the SMART thing."
    --John S. Farnam
    Defense Training International