Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So I'm about to be carrying a SIG p320 now whether I like it or not.

I found out this weekend that by the end of the year I will be carrying a SIG p320 in 9mm. Even if I dont want to. The good news is delta points are approved for duty use on the or the sig romeos. I dont know why the trijicons weren't on the list but they might get added. Which model do you guys that carry them prefer. The x series? The vtac?? There are so many fucking options I'm lost.

Issued sidearms suck.

-- ML

I agree but the previously liberal weapons policy is gone. Personally purchased or issued everyone will carry some version of the p320 in 9mm

May I ask how long you have been in LE?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    May I ask how long you have been in LE?
    9 years as of last week.

What was the rationale for this?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 3, 11. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    What was the rationale for this?
    That's a good question. Part of it was the huge variety of weapons and calibers being carried. Our sidearm policy has changed 3 times since I started.

Control freak administrators and lazy or incompetent firearms training staff are often the culprits.

-- ML

Quote Originally Posted by HeavySmoke View Post
    I found out this weekend that by the end of the year I will be carrying a SIG p320 in 9mm. Even if I dont want to. The good news is delta points are approved for duty use on the or the sig romeos. I dont know why the trijicons weren't on the list but they might get added. Which model do you guys that carry them prefer. The x series? The vtac?? There are so many fucking options I'm lost.
    The X5 is the best 320 model going, but you'll have to modify the optic cut to use a DPP. The new pro series allows you to drop a DPP on without mods.

I picked up a X compact today. The deltapoint pro goes right on it. After shooting a hundred through it I'm not sure this trigger is even safe....