Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by P.D. View Post
    Going down is only one of the negatives of SOB. Try drawing from one while sitting in your car. Try drawing from one while sitting in a movie theatre or even at a table.
    Plus, if you do a back-flip on the dance floor it may come flying out and you might shoot somebody in your haste to retrieve it.

Today I set my former IWB apendix holster - right hand holster for right person... at 6 o clock position. It is not disturb me at all on driving or at office.... but indeed, the handle of the pistol point to left hip and is very dificult to prezent. I ve tryed with transition method... draw with left and transfer to the right, but we have no rds into the cambere right here ....lots of movments...bigger nonsense. Driving with pretension seat belt activated and sob pistol is a ugly situation.
    Thanks
    “No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I knew none, and therefore am no beast.” Richard III – William Shakespeare

We train throws a lot in the dojo, as a result we are pretty good at taking falls.

Just the thought if taking a fall with a gun in SOB makes me cringe.

You know what you have to do, but in the meantime a smaller gun like the G48 may be a solution for the immediate future.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

My duty belt is set up to keep my gear off my back for this reason as well as driving comfort.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 6, 7. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    My duty belt is set up to keep my gear off my back for this reason as well as driving comfort.
    I used to carry a canteen over each kidney on my field gear right up until I fell on them once.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I used to carry a canteen over each kidney on my field gear right up until I fell on them once.
    "Hurts, don't it?"
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 6, 7. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    "Hurts, don't it?"
    The word "paralyzing" comes to mind.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    The word "paralyzing" comes to mind.
    A similar event effectively killed strong-side carry for me. My body shape forces me to carry close to 5:30 on strong-side; otherwise, the butt of my VP9 prints like crazy. I was carrying there one time while kicking a ball for my then-girlfriend's dog; unbeknownst to my thick-booted feet, I had moved onto some ice, and when I kicked, my support foot went skyward. The kidney area and sacrailiac joint do not appreciate sudden, high-impact compression against the butt of a pistol. I had a deep-tissue bruise and misaligned joint for three days. After that, appendix carry except when strong-side absolutely cannot be avoided without serious compromise.

Driving comfort, new leather seats and one not overly hard fall made me completely stop carrying support mags on the back of my hip. Support mags now go appendix (snake eater mag pouch) and off side pocket.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Timing of this thread is on point.

I just talked to a guy at my local range where I was working today. I used to see him pretty much every Wednesday. He has been gone for about 4-5 weeks.

Told me he took a fall outside his house, landed on his ass/low-back, and was carrying a Glock 42 SOB. He said it displaced the two bottom lumbar vertebrae and “smashed a big nerve.” Told me he was in a wheelchair for almost 2 weeks, then a walker for almost 2 more. He was still walking with a Irish Blackthorne walking stick when I saw him today. He said he is “getting better” and will “fully recover.”

He’s a guy about my age, appears in average/maybe slightly better than average physical condition.

He doesn’t carry SOB any more.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES