Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fighting Dagger

It is 18mm diameter when fixed 20mm into the barrel. For use in the 1873 Trapdoor Springfield 0.45-70 caliber rifle. The slender blade is for easily penetrating a ribcage . The blade should not be so heavy that it tends to drag the hilt from your fingers in a loose grip. It has a sharp stabbing point and large serrated cutting edge to easily severe a main artery so the wounded man will quickly lose consciousness and die. The Fairbairn-Sykes was produced in several patterns with some still being used. The Shanghai knife on which it was based was only about 14 cm (5.5 inch) long in the blade. My daggers made in this pattern are blade about 12 cm (4.72 inch) long. Longer length blades will give a few more inches of blade to penetrate the body after passing through winter clothing. The handle is 12 cm long same as the blade length for balance. Handle also has a 7/8 inch finger swell by the guard for better blade control.

I carry it in my keister for E and E purposes.

Attachment 57854[/QUOTE]

Did you reply to my topic only to cause problems? You post a butter knife like a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel666 View Post
    I carry it in my keister for E and E purposes.

Did you reply to my topic only to cause problems? You post a butter knife like a fool.
    you posted a raw chunk of metal with no visible edge and uneven, unshaped and unsharpened chunks taken out and call them serrations and shoved it all into a table leg. You posted a shiv, calling it a custom combat knife. Also I don't have a clue why your mixing metric and standard measurements. "Covert ops" goes a bit out the door as well when you throw .45-70 into the mix as well, which is 11.43mm in diameter. not sure why you mention the fairburn-sykes as yours doesn't resemble it in any way. you might also note that length of the handle has almost nothing to do with the balance of the blade as the more determining factors are the tang and handle/scale material.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Yeah. I'm a little math-challenged, and I don't want to discourage initiative, but the numbers and the logic don't add up. Time to close the lid on this one?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 5, 06. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Yeah. I'm a little math-challenged, and I don't want to discourage initiative, but the numbers and the logic don't add up. Time to close the lid on this one?
    Ya, I let this go to see if something interesting would come out of it...... Time to put it to bed.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities