Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What about book reviews or recomendations? Every once in a while they pop up here and I remember talk of an SI reading list at one point.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Conditioning/diet/health?

Maybe articles about eating whatever you want whenever you want it, followed by articles about accepting personal limitations and using equipment to compensate for poor life choices. Er, excuse me, “circumstances completely beyond our control”.

Justifications for “good enough” fitness.

A list of shooting standards that are simple to meet, without too much effort.

“How to get the most from cheap ammo.”

More than anything, we need a really great list if recommendations on how to make better excuses. How to make everyone nod their head in agreement when justifying life choices/standards/equipment.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Maybe articles about eating whatever you want whenever you want it, followed by articles about accepting personal limitations and using equipment to compensate for poor life choices. Er, excuse me, “circumstances completely beyond our control”.

Justifications for “good enough” fitness.

A list of shooting standards that are simple to meet, without too much effort.

“How to get the most from cheap ammo.”

More than anything, we need a really great list if recommendations on how to make better excuses. How to make everyone nod their head in agreement when justifying life choices/standards/equipment.
    Hahahhaahaha. Brent is sassy this morning. I love it.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I see a great business opportunity in offering a new class: “Excuse-making 101”. Graduates will be eligible for “Justifications for Professionals”.

Lord knows their is room for improvement in this arena, and demand would be high.
    Brent Yamamoto

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heckathorn View Post
    "Whiskey & Warriors" video series where gunfighters are interviewed in a casual setting with good spirits present.
    you're just mad they discontinued the series after ssgt whats his nuts

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

First aid advances ( not even sure if there have been any since the quikclot formula was revised), especially in regards to GSW treatment.
    Greg Nichols- Who you are 5 years from now is directly related to the books you read, who you associate with, and how you spend your free time.

Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    - TTP. For the most part, I get the "if you want to know, pay to come to class". But I love-love-love some of the older articles written by yourself, Greg, and Sua (movement in structures and breaching come to mind at the moment).

- A "war stories" segment that talks about actual incidents that you or others have been in that were either instrumental in developing current SI curriculum, or reinforced it

- An AAR series reviewing use of force incidents. This might be best done as a video blog. There are a number of Youtube channels that do this, but obviously none of them have an SI background. Perhaps you could pair incident reviews with a FOF video demonstrating the right, or better, thing to do.

- On the video note, it would be interesting to see some video work demonstrating how much SI products and TTPs make compared to those of others. That doesn't necessarily do anything for us here, obviously, but might ultimately be good marketing. Things like side-by-side shooting irons vs red dot at distances, low light, or other situations; FOF "Stand-and-deliver-in-my-perfect-weaver-stance" vs SI-style get off the x, etc...

- Also on the video note, a history lesson for those that don't know about when and where SI started, how the techniques came about, and when they were developed (pointing out, of course, that they predated all of the johnny-come-latelys.
    Echoing the TTPs and lessons learned ("war stories") from real world experience. These are invaluable and is in contrast to all the armchair theory, second guessing and gun games crapola that prevails across the internet and many schools. I'd like to hear more from those who've Been There, Done That and even Had That Done To Me. It doesn't even have to be a gunfight or an actual fight at all; sometimes violence is circumvented and short-circuited by smart decisions and cool heads.

While reviews of gear are a dime a dozen, evaluation of gear that has gone through wear and tear -- both real world and hard use training -- is educational, instills confidence and sets up shooters for options and solutions. For instance, how to deal with damaged sights (or optics) in a gunfight is an example.

Tradecraft and the psychology of a violent encounter are also items of interest. These have been discussed on and off in the forums, but perhaps a more organized presentation would be of interest to the group.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

I think you'd have A LOT of folks here who would LOVE to read stories from the "Old Days" in Southern Cali law enforcement. Seriously. And not just the what happened and what who did to whom, but also what weapons were used at the time , cars, hi profile cases and events, Rodney King riots, etc. I think you could fill up a blog with that kind of stuff and people would tune in every day to read about it.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

In a few of your classes you have mentioned the reading list and the importance of learning from the past. I second the notion of a reading list. You could split into a historical vs more modern books, East vs West, more modern gunslingers vs fighters of any historical period.
    Don M.
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy