Default CHALLENGE MATCHES ?

I read about a challenge match that took place between a MMA Fighter and a Internal/Soft Style Martial Artist in China. It took the MMA Fighter all of 12 seconds to win the fight. The backlash in China since the fight has being so severe that the MMA Fighter has had to go into hiding and he will be prohibited to compete which means his career is essentially over.

The first thought that sprung to mind was, what is the point. He knew even before the fight started that he could beat his opponent easily, there being no need to proof it. And Traditional Martial Practitioners did not suddenly stop whatever they were doing and all joined MMA Clubs in their thousands.

So he gave up a lot and did not gain anything in return.

It does not mean that he should not have being critical when he saw the instructor teaching/demonstrating self defence techniques that is at best ineffective and at it`s worse will get the user killed.

The mistake he made I believe was that he tried to "convert" people over to his side. Believing that once he demonstrated MMA effectiveness people would agree with him and start training in a more "realistic way"

OSSU!
    Elfie
    HALFMAN HALFCAR

When I was teaching back in IA, there was a local instructor who was LEO who was always running his mouth about our methods. On a local forum he started in on me after posting a class AAR or upcoming class. I offered the opportunity to break out the Sims and come prove that his gun-fu is better than mine. He refused. I offered $500 to the winner. He refused. I offered $500 and I'd never teach in IA again. He refused.

The moral of the story is he knew that I was faster, had more training, and our techniques work. His refusal of the challenge put people in my class that I don't think would normally have come.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

proper "Traditional" fighting systems are what MMA and BJJ, and all associated systems are, and are made from. What is passed off as "Traditional martial Arts" today, even in China, and specially in the USA, is total bullshit.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

And the bullshit runs just as deep in the gun world.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Pretty much the only good thing about "challenge matches" these days is the amazing comedy content that comes from them:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwUfjill...=1tq31vj6qqf5v
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    And the bullshit runs just as deep in the gun world.
    I had a conversation about this last night with my friend Alain Burrese, a very accomplished Hapkido Instructor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Train with Payne 2019

AK RIFLE GUNFIGHTING - OCT 26-27, 2019 HOUSTON, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Pretty much the only good thing about "challenge matches" these days is the amazing comedy content that comes from them:

I love the sound of them being driven into the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Train with Payne 2019

AK RIFLE GUNFIGHTING - OCT 26-27, 2019 HOUSTON, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post

Nothing like calling a timeout after getting the mess slapped out of you.

This is one of the best, and most informative CM's I've seen. The best, because of the extreme difference in the opponents, as well as the "If I'm strong enough, I'll win!" mentality that many people have. I really like this match because it is of such extremism, that I doubt 99.9999% of viewers will say "If he were as big/strong as me, he'd have won..." and noone will say "The BJJ guy was pretty big, too...". It's about as perfect a mis-match I can think of to showcase talent vs. brawn. Also, it looks like Mr Utah at least has some understanding of throwing hands/fighting. He isn't running away. He isn't being stupid and useless really. He's fighting like a guy who's maybe been in a brawl or 3, so it's not like the other guy is beating on the Gentle Giant.

Also, because it is a nearly no-holds barred fight. Noone will say "Oh, but the big guy wasn't allowed to *insert whatever* him! No, it was a legit fight as close as could be had without undue risk of permanent injury to one of the fighters, imo.

Last edited by UNO; 05-15-2019 at 03:38 AM.