Thread: HK VP40

Default HK VP40

I have owned and shot quite a few handguns but I have finally found one that fits me perfectly, the HK VP40. Although you could call it a Glock clone (by the way I currently own several Glocks and have owned several others over the years), the VP40 has features that set it apart. First of all it is the most pleasant shooting .40 I have ever shot. It also has a more comfortable grip, forward cocking serrations, excellent sights, cocking ledges at the back end of the slide, and a larger, more comfortable, trigger guard, etc.

Last but not least, the paddle magazine release. I like this type of release because I have had push-button magazine releases get inadvertently pushed, thus partially ejecting the magazine and disabling the gun until the mag is once more fully inserted. This could get me killed in a self-defense situation. This kind of thing won't happen with the paddle mag release of my VP40. I just have to practice until using this type of release becomes automatic.

The HK seems to be a very high quality gun and in my opinion, the HK is a great looking gun. If you are looking for a new gun I recommend considering an HK VP40.
    Warrior55

"We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."
    -George Orwell

This year will go down in history. For the first time in history a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future.
    -Adolph Hitler, 1935

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior55 View Post
    I have owned and shot quite a few handguns but I have finally found one that fits me perfectly, the HK VP40. Although you could call it a Glock clone (by the way I currently own several Glocks and have owned several others over the years), the VP40 has features that set it apart. First of all it is the most pleasant shooting .40 I have ever shot. It also has a more comfortable grip, forward cocking serrations, excellent sights, cocking ledges at the back end of the slide, and a larger, more comfortable, trigger guard, etc.

Last but not least, the paddle magazine release. I like this type of release because I have had push-button magazine releases get inadvertently pushed, thus partially ejecting the magazine and disabling the gun until the mag is once more fully inserted. This could get me killed in a self-defense situation. This kind of thing won't happen with the paddle mag release of my VP40. I just have to practice until using this type of release becomes automatic.

The HK seems to be a very high quality gun and in my opinion, the HK is a great looking gun. If you are looking for a new gun I recommend considering an HK VP40.

I forgot to talk about one of the VP40's best features. It has one of the best triggers in a stock striker fired firearm. The trigger is light, crisp, breaks cleanly, and has a short reset. I really love this gun. You should give one a try.
    Warrior55

"We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."
    -George Orwell

This year will go down in history. For the first time in history a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future.
    -Adolph Hitler, 1935

I like the vp9sk a lot but the lack of easy available accessories and aftermarket support has made it a range toy.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavySmoke View Post
    I like the vp9sk a lot but the lack of easy available accessories and aftermarket support has made it a range toy.
    I picked up a VP9SK a few months ago and carry it around with me just about everywhere. Besides a good kydex holster and some boxes of gold dots, what additional accessories do you really need for a purely recreational handgun like the little HK volkspistole sk?
    "Remember to always be yourself: Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

[QUOTE=Eliakim;1936644]I picked up a VP9SK a few months ago and carry it around with me just about everywhere. Besides a good kydex holster and some boxes of gold dots, what additional accessories do you really need for a purely recreational handgun like the little HK volkspistole

There is no such thing as a recreational pistol in my opinion. I want an RDS readily available spare mags, appropriate holsters etc. Those seem to be harder to get ahold of for the VP series than for the Glocks or sig 320s.

Harder to get does not always equal impossible. H&K's usually require more time for shopping for accessories and a little more money.

You have a good point though, HK is still a bit retrograde when it comes to factory mounts for red dot sights.
    "Remember to always be yourself: Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Quote Originally Posted by Eliakim View Post
    Harder to get does not always equal impossible. H&K's usually require more time for shopping for accessories and a little more money.

You have a good point though, HK is still a bit retrograde when it comes to factory mounts for red dot sights.

The availability of red dot sights does not bother me because I am color blind and cannot see red well enough to use one. However, if green dot sights become available I may get serious about getting one mounted somehow. We'll see.
    Warrior55

-George Orwell

-Adolph Hitler, 1935

I ..... ah... nevermind.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior55 View Post
    The availability of red dot sights does not bother me because I am color blind and cannot see red well enough to use one. However, if green dot sights become available I may get serious about getting one mounted somehow. We'll see.
    *ahem* http://lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=green+dot+reflex+sight
    Last edited by Faramir2; 06-06-2019 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Got to the point.