Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Is it only me, or is that thing mounted backwards?

People who dislike the window size on the RMR should love this one.

I like the protective "owl ears." What a---hoot.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 5, 06. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Amazed at how many want to hate the RMR.
    A Docter min sight is better than the RMR?
    Someone explain to me why.
    Hipsters that want to be different? People that wan't to save $200 dollars for all that sweet tula ammo they could buy instead of getting a fight tested and proven RMR? That Docter sight looks like it would break if you looked at it in a mean way.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

New from Doctors Optics. It replaces the MOS plate. Looks about as durable as a paper plate on Thanksgiving.

Well, where to begin. It's an interesting concept piece apparently conceived in marketing, without input from anyone contemplating a serious purpose for it.

That teeny tiny window. Why?

The height of the unit includes the wings which might just as well have allowed that much larger a window and will undoubtedly slice your hand during an immediate action drill. They look like they were put there to protect the product name on the top of the unit.

The lens appears to be flush with the front of the unit with no protective inset.

The lens assembly looks like it was mortised into the base, rather than manufactured as one piece. Call me a skeptic, but I see it coming loose after some hard use.

I will give them points for the battery placement on top where it is easily accessible.

I will take the points back for its marriage to the MOS platform.

The very low profile is commendable, but the footprint is wrong. An RMR footprint would go farther than MOS.

This is a good prototype, but several generations short of what it should have been at its commercial release. Just one more company chasing the money rather than excellence. I don't remember whether it was a signature line or in a thread on this forum, but the motto "Excellence is the only authority" come to mind. Too many companies have lost sight of that concept.
    Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

Gunsite Orange, API -250 Sept. 1978 (Everybody starts somewhere)
    CRG - July 2011, Oct. 2017
    PSP - April 2012
    TMCO - Sept. 2012
    TWOTU since 2011

Glock Certified Armorer

The RMR is still the best option for a real fighting pistol. I don’t understand all the huff ‘n puff about a cheaper but “better” option.

Mo betta’ cost mo money. Simple as that.

I have at least 5000 rounds on my RM06 Type 2, with about 2K mounted on a Glock 23, and the rest on a 19. (Including a week-long L.E. Firearms Instructor course before I retired, a couple of SI courses, a Northern Red class, etc.) And 10X that much dry practice. (I even dry-practice when I’m doing cardio on my elliptical.)

The RMR, properly set up, is pretty bulletproof. Certain U.S. SOCOM units have been running them in training and actual combat for a few years now. Now SOCOM is officially adopting their coyote version of the RMR. The Delta guy I’ve trained with made it clear that his Unit could pretty much have anything they want as far as optics go. Anything. He said the guys who run red-dots on pistols run RMR’s.

As many have said, #1 would be a battery that you could replace without dismounting and still keep at LEAST the water-resistance it has, and maybe making the top convex for a little more view-through but only if it didn’t effect strength/reliability.

Sigh... Still discussing this.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

When it comes to selecting equipment, a lot of guys don't want to pay for durability and quality, and a lot of guys want to be different to be different. They want to be the first kid at the gun club to have "X", even if "X" won't stand up to hard use. Because they won't ever run their equipment hard enough to break it anyway.

"It's just as good as . . . " usually is NOT
    "We should always try to do the right thing and the moral thing and the legal thing, but first we should do the SMART thing."
    --John S. Farnam
    Defense Training International

Quote Originally Posted by BKern View Post
    New from Doctors Optics. It replaces the MOS plate. Looks about as durable as a paper plate on Thanksgiving.

Well, where to begin. It's an interesting concept piece apparently conceived in marketing, without input from anyone contemplating a serious purpose for it.

That teeny tiny window. Why?

The height of the unit includes the wings which might just as well have allowed that much larger a window and will undoubtedly slice your hand during an immediate action drill. They look like they were put there to protect the product name on the top of the unit.

The lens appears to be flush with the front of the unit with no protective inset.

The lens assembly looks like it was mortised into the base, rather than manufactured as one piece. Call me a skeptic, but I see it coming loose after some hard use.

I will give them points for the battery placement on top where it is easily accessible.

I will take the points back for its marriage to the MOS platform.

The very low profile is commendable, but the footprint is wrong. An RMR footprint would go farther than MOS.

This is a good prototype, but several generations short of what it should have been at its commercial release. Just one more company chasing the money rather than excellence. I don't remember whether it was a signature line or in a thread on this forum, but the motto "Excellence is the only authority" come to mind. Too many companies have lost sight of that concept.
    I like the fact that this is purpose built not forced to fit. It's a good idea. I don't know anything about that company or their products because I have a Trijicon. I won't really research pistol optics until I'm in the market for another one.

There is always going to be a lot of "me too" crap on the market. Every so often something really good hits. The trick imo is to be patient.

Buy once, cry once... RMR.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018