Default Don't you just love the media's fact bending?

So, I sitting here bored enough to actually look to see what's "news" is on the on-line media and come across this little gem of a headline, "Florida Officer's gun Discharges in School As Students queue up for Lunch". To which, I think, "Wow! Look at that! Another case of spontaneous combustion of ammunition in a loaded firerarm, OR another self-possessed firearm exercising its will to shoot holes in stuff."

Absolutely amazing. The headline should read, "Barney Fife, playing with his shooter does the stupid."

I just love how the media and others, take all reference to human interaction and responsibility out of reporting shooters or drivers doing the stupid.

"Lt. Troy Ferguson told reporters in a briefing yesterday that the SRO—who was not named by the department—had been assisting with lunch duty when his 'holstered weapon unintentionally discharged.'”

Like I said I was bored (still am), otherwise...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fl...cid=spartandhp

The following was at this link which really says not a whole lot.
    https://www.newsweek.com/florida-pol...school-1411080
    The firearm was a Sig Sauer 9mm.
    deputies would review closed-circuit TV footage

I am not sure what this means
    “There are a number of safety features on the threat level three holsters that we carry with our firearms, so there are a number of dynamic factors that are involved with fine motor skills functions that would cause that to happen so we have to really kind of really dissect that,”
    More here
    “Preliminary information indicates that the SRO [school resource officer] assigned to Weightman Middle School was in the cafeteria today, leaning against the wall when his holstered, duty-issued firearm incidentally discharged into the wall behind him. There are no injuries to any student, staff, or the SRO.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I wonder if he had draw strings or other dangling bits that could have gotten in the holster.

According to a witness at the scene who stated,"The wall behind the officer never knew what hit him!!!

I would have guessed FNS. I wonder what kind of Sig 9mm. My guess is that it wasn't one with a hammer.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    "Consequence outweighs probability." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    I wonder if he had draw strings or other dangling bits that could have gotten in the holster.
    i would look first at the most obvious explanation that he somehow caused the discharge by causing the trigger to be moved enough to fire the gun. If he was leaning against the wall where were his hand at. I bet his right hand was on the grip and rear areas of the firearm. I do not know know the type of retention or the design of the holster. Did leaning against the wall push the pistol out of the holster and the LEO shoved it back in and hooked a finger into the trigger when he did so? I do not believe the gun just decided to discharge on its own.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez