Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    NO, TIMING IS IN REFERENCE TO THE TIMING OF A SCREW. AS IN IF YOUR COMP IS THREADED DOWN AS FAR AS IT CAN GO AND THE TOP/CENTER OF IT IS AT THE 8 O'CLOCK POSITION WHEN LOOKING AT IT, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET THAT EXTRA 1/4 TURN OUT OF IT, BACK IT OFF UNTIL ITS AT THE 12 O'CLOCK POSITION AGAIN. LIKEWISE IF YOU HAVE THE COMP THREADED DOWN TO THE POINT THAT IS CANNOT MOVE INSIDE OF YOUR SLIDE, BACK IT OFF A TURN. IT IS A THREADED OBJECT, TIMING IN ANY SENSE IS THE SAME, LIKE HIGH END FIREARMS WHERE THE USE OF A SLOTTED SCREW IS CHOSEN FOR AESTHETIC REASONS. WHEN ALL OF THE SLOTS ARE ORIENTED TO THE SAME DEGREE, THE SCREWS ARE PROPERLY TIMED.
    My bad, I completely misread that. Thanks for the all caps response tho.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    My bad, I completely misread that. Thanks for the all caps response tho.
    NO PROBLEM, WORK IS WORK HOMEGIRL

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat99 View Post
    Is the VC-3 component new? My Street Comp came with a tube of Loctite 242.
    Mine came with 242, also but I have already bought a tube of VC-3 from Amazon. I used it on some small screws and it worked really well.
    Screws stayed tight and I did not need any extra force or heat to get them out.
    Just order a tube for personal use and have it on hand. Seems to be a better product to use on gun screws than standard Loctite. This is from
    a guy with 5 different kinds of Loctite already in my toolbox.

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    when did you get yours? loctite 242 came first then vc3 because while the 242 worked for me it didnt for anyone else.
    Received it in March. The Loctite didn't work well, I'll have to get some VC3 and try reinstalling it.