Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Street Comp Installation

Shopmonkey
    Glad I delayed my build just long enough to see your NBSIG - you beat me to the phone.
    SF!
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

2019 Classes:
    CRG-1, Pistol Gunfighting, August 24-25, 2019 Olympia, WA

From Murphy: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

I did not use an O-ring on my G17 install. Should I have?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 3, 09. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    I did not use an O-ring on my G17 install. Should I have?
    its not necessary and doesn't always work out. if you want to be sure whether or not to install with the o-ring in place, try putting the comp on without thread lock sure to make sure that spacing and timing is ok. If you already have the comp on, no worries. its an added measure but not one that works everytime

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Thx. I didn't want the O-ring and locker fusing into a permanent welded mess.

The G43 is next.
    Last edited by Papa; 07-15-2019 at 10:08 AM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 3, 09. And a wakeup.

What does the term "Timing" mean in this context?
    "I have many people, but few men."
    -Xerxes, King of Persia, at the battle of Thermopylae

"Charity has got everything to do with giving and absolutely nothing to do with taking."

"Studies show that a rapist who has been shot several times loses ardor."
    -Fred Reed

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Trench

Quote Originally Posted by Trench View Post
    What does the term "Timing" mean in this context?
    Timing and head-space often refers to the lock-up of the action on an automatic firearm, specifically belt feds that need to move the round into position and close the chamber before firing or it will cause misfire as the chamber and action aren't closed to release the firing pin to discharge the round. In this case it's not really timing but the potential for the O ring to prevent the firearm from going completely into battery to discharge the round.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Timing and head-space often refers to the lock-up of the action on an automatic firearm, specifically belt feds that need to move the round into position and close the chamber before firing or it will cause misfire as the chamber and action aren't closed to release the firing pin to discharge the round. In this case it's not really timing but the potential for the O ring to prevent the firearm from going completely into battery to discharge the round.
    NO, TIMING IS IN REFERENCE TO THE TIMING OF A SCREW. AS IN IF YOUR COMP IS THREADED DOWN AS FAR AS IT CAN GO AND THE TOP/CENTER OF IT IS AT THE 8 O'CLOCK POSITION WHEN LOOKING AT IT, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET THAT EXTRA 1/4 TURN OUT OF IT, BACK IT OFF UNTIL ITS AT THE 12 O'CLOCK POSITION AGAIN. LIKEWISE IF YOU HAVE THE COMP THREADED DOWN TO THE POINT THAT IS CANNOT MOVE INSIDE OF YOUR SLIDE, BACK IT OFF A TURN. IT IS A THREADED OBJECT, TIMING IN ANY SENSE IS THE SAME, LIKE HIGH END FIREARMS WHERE THE USE OF A SLOTTED SCREW IS CHOSEN FOR AESTHETIC REASONS. WHEN ALL OF THE SLOTS ARE ORIENTED TO THE SAME DEGREE, THE SCREWS ARE PROPERLY TIMED.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I was not familiar with Vibra-tite VC-3 and I always go to the spec sheet.
    Of great interest is the resistance to lubricants and cleaning solvents. Also temperature degradation.
    Here is what I found on the internet.
    https://www.vibra-tite.com/threadloc...-3-threadmate/
    Chemical resistance Offers resistance to most solvents (acts as a partial corrosion barrier)
    Operational temperature range -65˚F to 165˚F (-54˚C to 74˚C) For other temperature applications, please contact us
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Is the VC-3 component new? My Street Comp came with a tube of Loctite 242.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat99 View Post
    Is the VC-3 component new? My Street Comp came with a tube of Loctite 242.
    when did you get yours? loctite 242 came first then vc3 because while the 242 worked for me it didnt for anyone else.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    SEMPER FI