Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post
    I think Trijicon went after the gamer market with this one...instead of the true carry market. A 3/4 sized RMR, on the footprint of the Shield RMS, would be a winner. This? It honestly looks too big and bulky.

Battery? The new Surefire lights I bought at Christmas both recharge with a mini-USB plug. Which might be the right answer.
    I agree carry optics division has gotten really big since uspsa legalized fully loaded 140mm mags for that division. Alot of the gamers are using deltapoints and romeos because of the larger windows and the top loading batteries.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    Regarding the clearance at the front, this pic indicates there will only be an issue with those people who went with irons in front of the dot... Barrel and chamber looks clear.
    I find it interesting that the lens is recessed a bit deeper into the bezel (frame) than the RMR which may be helpful in protecting the glass from scuffs, scratches, etc. when cycling the slide one-handed or banging it around. That's been my only concern about the RMR. I've no problem so far with either of mine, but I do tend to baby them. Yeah, I know you can send it back for repairs and refurbishing, but it'd be nice to not have to rely on that.

Having said that, durability and reliability will be what attracts my $$$. Even if it is a bit big for a handgun it looks like a decent piece for a sleek shoulder weapon like an EVO, a Pointman, shorty carbine/"pistol" or even a dedicated Glock PDW.

I think Trijicon went after the gamer market with this one...instead of the true carry market. A 3/4 sized RMR, on the footprint of the Shield RMS, would be a winner. This? It honestly looks too big and bulky.

Battery? The new Surefire lights I bought at Christmas both recharge with a mini-USB plug. Which might be the right answer.

I agree on both points. My next optic project is either gonna be one of my G43s or a G26. The USB option is a winner, too.

The market will sort it out.
    Last edited by Redneck Zen; 04-25-2019 at 06:04 PM.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

For cases where concealment is not issue is there an advantage? How would it work on glock set up with armbrace for PDW purposes.
    Is the sight picture that much better than with RMR?
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

To me this seems like a better rifle optic. Like pcc or a sub gun. Looks like delta point and RMR had a baby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To comment on the USB thing...

I wear hearing aids (damaged ears when younger) USB charging is the "newest thing." Here's the downside. Hey, my battery is dead!

With battery, put new battery in

With USB, plug in and wait - remaining deaf while waiting...

Not sure I want my firearm sight to work the same way.

USB charging, although sort of handy, will ruin water resistance. What I would like to see, that no one has yet offered in a sight, is wireless charging. As little power as an RMR uses it would mean maybe twice a year charging without unseating the sight from the slide for a new battery.

I think that the technology is probably available but nobody seems to see any demand for it.
    Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

Gunsite Orange, API -250 Sept. 1978 (Everybody starts somewhere)
    CRG - July 2011, Oct. 2017
    PSP - April 2012
    TMCO - Sept. 2012
    TWOTU since 2011

Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by BKern View Post
    USB charging, although sort of handy, will ruin water resistance. What I would like to see, that no one has yet offered in a sight, is wireless charging. As little power as an RMR uses it would mean maybe twice a year charging without unseating the sight from the slide for a new battery.
    Good points. I hadn't considered wireless recharging, but it's an excellent approach.

Good points. I hadn't considered wireless recharging, but it's an excellent approach.
    Give it enough time and there will be wireless charging, probably with a power cell built into duty holsters to top it off. Maybe even for the WML... It's just battery tech that is holding it all back right now.

Won't be long. My allegedly smart phone is on the wireless charger as I type this. I've noticed that when a phone or e-device fails, it's often at the charging port.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 5, 15. And a wakeup.

Looks like a good stakeout/shotgun optic, except maybe for the dot size.