Default Tracking Phones, Google Is a Dragnet for the Police

The police can get a list of all google active devices for a certain time and place, even for some month in the past.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...=pocket-newtab
    sometimes called “geofence” warrants, specify an area and a time period, and Google gathers information from Sensorvault about the devices that were there. It labels them with anonymous ID numbers, and detectives look at locations and movement patterns to see if any appear relevant to the crime. Once they narrow the field to a few devices they think belong to suspects or witnesses, Google reveals the users’ names and other information.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

BFD. My take

1). If you are planning to commit something nefarious, carry a burner and leave your IPhone or Droid at home.

2). If you are a witness and DO NOT want to be a witness, simply say you didn't see anything.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Oh no evil big brother is watching.

1. Simple tradecraft can let you abound this.

2. The cameras are everywhere. They are a Mitch bigger concern.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    Oh no evil big brother is watching.

1. Simple tradecraft can let you abound this.

2. The cameras are everywhere. They are a Mitch bigger concern.
    The google information for the USA is stored in one central place and is readily accessible and there seems to be no time limit to its duration. I suspect that the devices present in cars are also monitored this way. Google was not to my knowledge requested to do and set this up on their own. The regulation relative to use of this information is dubious.

Most of the camera data with the exception of satellite photos is not accessible from one central source. Most of it is not stored forever in the cloud. I suspect that the google information is available from world wide places and might even have uses relative to espionage. I am not saying this is evil or that the sky is falling, but it is worth taking note of the information than a private entity has about the people of the world. As computers become more powerful this information could used for commercial purposes relative to monitoring your shopping and recreation activities and adds directed to you based on this. Perhaps it could be used in the future for more nefarious purposes. They could tell just how long and when you were in your local grocery store and perhaps in the future with cooperation from the credit companies what purchased.
    Deactivating the Software of your private vehicle perhaps is not just 'Simple tradecraft'. you can be like me and drive older vehicles, but in the future I will be buying a new car that may have such soft and hardware in it. If you are planning to do something you likely can deactivate any sort of transponding to google device that you have for a specific mission. But it is difficult to do this all of the time.
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Get a real land line or find a working pay phone and drive a Pre 2000 car. Other then that it’s rather hard to be an outlaw these days....

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Get a real land line or find a working pay phone and drive a Pre 2000 car. Other then that it’s rather hard to be an outlaw these days....
    Homeless people go undetected all the time. The return on that investment does not interest me.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Zen View Post
    Homeless people go undetected all the time. The return on that investment does not interest me.
    Believe it or not, but many of the homeless have cell telephones these days. Likely google can pinpoint the cardboard box they are living in.

Ah, nothing like the freedom of an FJ40 and a TA 312.... :)

Im pretty sure Alexa has seen me naked and overheard me getting it on...... what's your point?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk