Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DHS CBP Glock 47

I suppose by now everyone is aware of the adoption of the Gen 5 MOS version of the G19, the Gen 5 G26, and a new model, the G47 by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

The G19 and the G47 adopted are both MOS versions. The G26 does not seem to be so equipped, at least if the pictured one in the articles is correct, although one article says all three are Gen 5 MOS pistols. I suspect that is most likely a mistake and that only the G19 and the G47 are MOS equipped.

Any guesses on how long it takes for them to start having major problems with screws shearing off and other issues due to the apparent deficiencies in Glock's design for its optics mounting system? I suppose it could be a significant time as I have not yet seen anything that says they are going to actually equip the pistols with red dot optics.

I have no idea why people in the commercial market aren't complaining about it, but I suppose that most people do not use their MOS pistols enough to have experienced problems.

I have seen the use of the RMR as the "coming thing" for LE agencies. Let us hope that the upcoming problems the the DHS CBP pistols do not set the whole thing back years because no one has the good sense to ask Suarez International how to do it correctly.

Interesting. So you can put a G47 17-length slide on a Gen 5 G19 frame, making the SINGLE MOST REQUESTED factory configuration that Glock fans have been asking for for over a decade? Sweet, FINALLY! Wait, whatís this? ďWill not be available on the civilian market.Ē

I am now convinced that Glock is intentionally trolling its customer base...

��
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

The G47 is not a G19 grip. Itís based on the G45 which is a G17 grip.

Basically the G47 is the same footprint as a G17. Think of it like the G43x vs G48. Same frame different slides

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McCarver View Post
    I suspect that is most likely a mistake and that only the G19 and the G47 are MOS equipped.
    If I remember correctly, the solicitation didnít require the 26 sized gun to have the slide cut for optics. So, it probably likely is a standard slide, done to CBP specs (front serrations, agency marked, etc).

The 19 and 47 are going to be the only two guns for duty carry. That being the case, most of the parts commonality was specified between those two models (slide swaps and what not). Current regulations only allow for one pistol being carried while on duty, so either they are considering changing the policy (unlikely) or are just going to allow non-line personnel (or if job requires a smaller gun) to get the 26. They also are going to allow weapon lights (either Surefire X300 or TLR-1), but unsure if required or optional.

Another thing that was mentioned prior to the release, if another pistol design passed the tests, it was going to be approved for private purchase. But, that kind of goes against policy (agency owned weapons), and since I havenít heard any word about it (CBP email was close to the initial press release... just saying Glocks... nothing about models), I believe that was dropped. Even if I preferred the Glock (will likely be the 47), really wanted other options... mainly to use for an argument for backup guns.

So... the H&Ks will be gone by October 2021. I have been hearing their P2000 stock was scraping the bottom of they barrel for years. Donít see them keeping guns running and issuing to new officers for that long. The plan is supposedly to equip the southern border (CBP and BP), then the north, interior, and academy. Main thing... I just want to stop hearing officers flicking the damn LEM external hammer. Worst than listening to stun guns going off at a gun show. Only can hope that they will expedite it due to lack of H&Ks.

G47.jpg

The item in question.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 5, 15. And a wakeup.

Couple more pics...

So the Glock 47 is basically ..... a Glock 17.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Hah, I was about to say. What’s wrong with the 17???

The big difference is you can drop a 19 slide on the 47
    Don M.
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

Quote Originally Posted by CaptShack View Post
    The big difference is you can drop a 19 slide on the 47
    Pretty much it... and toss that slide on a 19 frame.

The 19X/45 is the basic setup for the compact version of Glockís MHS submission (M18). The 47 would have been the full size option (M17)... at least in thought process.

Donít know if Glockís submission also had 19 length grip frames, but the 19X was supposed to be the M18 offering. Or Glock just wanted to me different and try out the combination... which I still think is stupid, no matter how many 19X or 45 pistols were sold.