Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    Excellent responses under pressure, sir!

But how on earth did the school have an exposed pipe that allowed this type of injury to occur?
    I'm more impressed that you haven't been jailed for ripping off the head of someone at the school!
    That was the million dollar question. My first though was there being some sort of penetrating injury. It wasn't till I saw the nature of the injury that I knew it wasn't. I had images of impalement in my mind. It wasn't until after surgery when she was calm enough to tell us it was on the jungle gym on the playground. She slipped on a ladder type climing thing with one leg on each side of a horizontal bar. Talking to all the doctors it seems this type of injury is more common than most would think with girls. Most people think groin injury and thing of guys.

I didn't go off in the school because I didn't have all the information yet. We went to the school and took pictures of where she slipped and were waiting for the incident report from the school. That coupled with the blood evidence in my wifes car where my daughter was sitting and what my wife saw when she picked her up at school gave a good pictures of what happened.

At school the nurse saw a slight amount of blood but not much. And it wasn't until my wife checked her out in the car that she saw all the blood before she got concerned. It looks like the wounds were slow to bleed and the teachers had her walk to the office which I assume tore things more. There was only a small amount on the seat in the car. Nothing like what I saw in the wheel chair and the coat she was sitting on. It looked like the wounds rapidly and progressivly got worse. It was a fluke accident.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Great to hear all will be well.

Excellent response during the emergency.

Thank you for the excellent detailed writeup!

Glad your daughter is recuperating nicely.
    - Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it comes to dominate our lives and interests."
    - Patrick Henry

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    That was the million dollar question. My first though was there being some sort of penetrating injury. It wasn't till I saw the nature of the injury that I knew it wasn't. I had images of impalement in my mind. It wasn't until after surgery when she was calm enough to tell us it was on the jungle gym on the playground. She slipped on a ladder type climing thing with one leg on each side of a horizontal bar. Talking to all the doctors it seems this type of injury is more common than most would think with girls. Most people think groin injury and thing of guys.

I didn't go off in the school because I didn't have all the information yet. We went to the school and took pictures of where she slipped and were waiting for the incident report from the school. That coupled with the blood evidence in my wifes car where my daughter was sitting and what my wife saw when she picked her up at school gave a good pictures of what happened.

At school the nurse saw a slight amount of blood but not much. And it wasn't until my wife checked her out in the car that she saw all the blood before she got concerned. It looks like the wounds were slow to bleed and the teachers had her walk to the office which I assume tore things more. There was only a small amount on the seat in the car. Nothing like what I saw in the wheel chair and the coat she was sitting on. It looked like the wounds rapidly and progressivly got worse. It was a fluke accident.
    Well at least it was not gross negligence... Just another reminder of how fragile life can be and how quickly everything can change.
    Best wishes for your daughter's recovery.

Outstanding response and write up ! This certainly hits home for me and my family of why we train, continue to optimize and to push the envelope to be the best for ourselves and especially our family. It's unfortunate this happened and when they do, we must rise and answer that call. Your post has the culmination of what SI has to offer, but also what you do with it afterwards. Thank you for sharing.

Well done!

I join Papa in raising a coffee mug to you this morning.

Jim Miller
    ISA 6:8

Great job at restrait in so many ways at one time.

I'm glad she's going to be ok.

Good job, dad.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

I'm glad to hear that she's recovered. I think you handled it perfectly.

OutFuckingStanding!! That story pumped me up in a way coffee can only aspire to.

Nicely done. I had a similar experience when my daughter broke her arm. I stopped and assessed the injury, stripped my shirt off and slung it to walk her into the house and as I came in I looked at the exwife and said we're going to the hospital, directed her to gather what I needed to splint the injury for transport, and off we went. Nobody panicked or freaked out though I almost punched the resident in the ER when I passed along the pertinent info on the injury and he asked my daughter "Where did your dad get his medical training" (and I was 100% correct on the injury and her condition).
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities