Default Viridian XTL Gun Body Cam - Thoughts?

So the USCCA sent this to me today. It's a "body" cam that attaches to your firearm and records the incident, as in the video below:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blo...7295358&jb=119

Aside from the issue of finding holsters to hold it (most of the ones I've liked won't), what do the rest of you think about this? I can see pros and cons. Not sure how I feel about it right now.

I was, to say, at least a bit irritated that he felt he had to tell people: "Now I don't want you taking this thing out to just record pictures" or something along that line. My god. Anyone who needs to be "reminded" about something like that should not be anywhere near a gun in the first place!
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

So does it record what prompted your draw? (Of course not.) Seems like you're volunteering for all the problems of cops' BWC with very little of the upside.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Those were my initial thoughts too.
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

Schnope, that's gayer than AIDS. Might be useful to record your practice so you can review what you're doing but I don't see any value other than that
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

I have no love for USCCA. They are the Walmart of the Aftermath Industry. Their goal is to sell you fear, and insurance. remember that because its true...FEAR AND INSURANCE.

Video is up for interpretations. Remember that as well...UP FOR INTERPRETATION.

Unless there is a complete record - like the LE people have - of the following:

1). The radio call and how it was dispatched - your magic USCCA video won't have that...you will have to explain it.
    2). Recorded First Contact with the suspect (while the pistol is still holstered most of the time). - Unless one walks around in Low Ready with their johnson waving about they won't have that with the magic USCCA video cam.
    3). For single operator, non-LE, unless you are responding in a proactive way to an active shooter, your gunfight will be an "Oh Shit"...POW POW POW POW POW POW...not a build up, denouement, followed by a conclusive ballistic climax - so your magic USCCA video cam will not record it.

Finally and most importantly, the guys here have an impressive criminal body count with the accompanying experience. I would ask the designers and staff of USCCA's gadget about theirs.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Schnope, that's gayer than AIDS. Might be useful to record your practice so you can review what you're doing but I don't see any value other than that
    Yes, interesting only for purposes completely different from that for which it's marketed. On a carry gun? Idiotic.

Sounds like they’re trying to adapt the gun/ bow cameras that the hunting industry markets for their customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

$400 for the camera/light, $100 or so for a custom holster to hold this monstrosity, or spend $450 for the Interview and Interrogation Management class and learn the skills you need to deal with the aftermath of a shooting instead of relying on hardware to solve your problem.

Jim Miller
    ISA 6:8

Good for posting videos to WT for debrief/critique!!
    "We must all suffer one of two things: The pain of discipline, or the pain of regret and disappointment." -Jim Rohn

Jim Miller wrote:

$400 for the camera/light, $100 or so for a custom holster to hold this monstrosity, or spend $450 for the Interview and Interrogation Management class and learn the skills you need to deal with the aftermath of a shooting instead of relying on hardware to solve your problem.
    I'll take the latter any day! I'm can conceive of a few scenarios where this camera may come in handy, but thinking through things, 99% of the time I think it would be pretty much useless and perhaps even detrimental. Overall, I'm gonna say it's a waste of money, especially when that money can be far better used for the Interview and Interrogation Management class.
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu