Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertGuy View Post
    Why is your diameter limited? See below
    Are direct threads and thread seize a real issue? Would QD be better? Yes, see below
    7.62 may give you more options. I want specific 5.56 as it will be dedicated and I want the most suppression I can get
    Sorry, should have detailed the platform. I have a 10.5, 5.56, AR with a 13" rail. I currently run a flash can that is shrouded by the rail and prefer to do the same with the suppressor. The flash can almost touches the inside of the rail and is 1.5" dia, so I want a suppressor that is the same as I'm not changing the rail to accommodate it.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Sorry, should have detailed the platform. I have a 10.5, 5.56, AR with a 13" rail. I currently run a flash can that is shrouded by the rail and prefer to do the same with the suppressor. The flash can almost touches the inside of the rail and is 1.5" dia, so I want a suppressor that is the same as I'm not changing the rail to accommodate it.
    With a 10.5" barrel, disregard the Optimus Micro that I mentioned. The GP5 could give you a traveling gun with a real stock, if you are willing to pin it. Even if you don't pin it, that seems like a decent selection. The SiCo and Surefire options suffer from a bit of unnecessary weight, because they are principally designed to be QD. Maybe the Gemtech Patrolman?
    Virtute et Armis

I run a 300blk with 9" barrel and 1.5" rail to shroud a Thunderbeast Ultra 7. Thunders are super light, suppress well and the ultra line are rated up to 300 RUM, lots are only to 300 WM, which is nice for me because I can run it on my 300 RUM hunting rig. Silencerco are never a bad choice though, most companies have accessories or attachments that are compatible with Silencerco because they are by most accounts the industry standard.

Here's what I found with all your suggestions.

Surefire is out, I can find more for less elsewhere. Q are all bigger than 1.5" dia so they're out. Deadair are damn heavy compared to the competition in the same size. OSS is out because they're all QD and too big.

Thunder Beast: Ultra 7 is 7" long, 11.5 oz, $945, no listing of dB rating.

Silencerco: Saker ASR 556K is 5.46" long, 14.2oz, $770, 136.1dB

Gemtech: Trek is 5.7" long, 16.1oz. $449, 136dB
    Patrolman is 5.7", 12.3oz, $875, 134dB

Griffin: GP5 is 6.25" long, 12.5oz, $550, 134dB

Crux: Axe is 6" long, 9oz, $999, 134dB
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Silencer co are very flexible. As others have said, you can run the same Omega 9K on 300Blk rifles and 9mm pistols. You change change out the adapter. For utimate flexibility get a Silencerco Hybrid. It will fit on anything but is big.

Surefire are the other end of the spectrum on flexibility. It's mounts only on rifles with their muzzle device. They are really robust.

For the most fun in the world, make sure you get a 22 suppressor (don't run a sealed suppressor on a 22 - cleaning is required). It's so much darn fun.

I have an Omega, but thinking of a Saker to do the same as what you are planning.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

Surefire is out, I can find more for less elsewhere. Q are all bigger than 1.5" dia so they're out. Deadair are damn heavy compared to the competition in the same size. OSS is out because they're all QD and too big.

Choices, choices ... we live in a time of embarrassing riches (except for that whole ATF stamp thing.)

The Dead Air Sandman Ti is direct thread. I've not yet used it on my ARs, but it works marvelous on my .308 and .300 Blackout bolt guns. You can get it for right at $700 now. It's 1.5 inch diameter, 8.2 inches long and weighs 16.8 ounces. It's made of titanium and stellite, can handle up to .300 WinMag and is rated for full auto.

I bought it primarily for my .300 Blackout but it can be used on 5.56 with a threaded adapter. I wanted something lightweight but durable and DeadAir has a pretty good reputation.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Check out Witt Machine and Tool Co.'s Canooter Valve - Compact Suppressor. $260 (from their site) 1/2-28 threading, 136dB at the shooters ear, 8.4 oz. 3.9 inches long (3.2" added length to barrel), 1 1/8 inch in diameter, No blow back through the charging handle, Made from 416 Stainless, Full Auto Rated, 7" barrels and longer, FLASH HIDER machined into the end of the Canooter Valve, Custom Serial Numbers are available upon request (no extra charge).

I ran the TREK-T on a sig 556 with the 10.5 barrel without issue. Right on the edge of hearing safe and pretty light.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Delta23 View Post
    Check out Witt Machine and Tool Co.'s Canooter Valve - Compact Suppressor. $260 (from their site) 1/2-28 threading, 136dB at the shooters ear, 8.4 oz. 3.9 inches long (3.2" added length to barrel), 1 1/8 inch in diameter, No blow back through the charging handle, Made from 416 Stainless, Full Auto Rated, 7" barrels and longer, FLASH HIDER machined into the end of the Canooter Valve, Custom Serial Numbers are available upon request (no extra charge).
    Ok I checked it out, if they're legit this is an insane value.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual