Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    I am curious about length (and therefor weight) not being a criteria. In my experience, 5.56 will never be quiet to shoot. Ever. Especially out of a short barrel.

Personally, I am interested in signature reduction and being able to touch off a few rounds indoors without destroying comms by deafening everyone around me and shaking their fillings loose. For me, that has lead me to smaller cans like the AAC Mini-4. Having shot the Mini-4, M4-2000, and a Saker Sandman-K at night, I can definitely say that the mid-sized vs mini/K cans do a better job with flash and are a little less boomy. All the same, I haven't been down range of any of these while in darkness in order to actually try to locate the shooters. Either way, for my money, and especially on an SBR, I'm going with a mini can.

I also view cans as large investments where a few extra sheckels saved & spent are worth the investment.

I am interested to hear which one you end up with.
    FWIW, if money is not an object the Delta P Brevis line is probably as good as it gets if you want short but with good performance. It's hard to find much meter data but all user reports I've seen indicate that people love them and they perform noticeably better than longer alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Nobody offered anything on this point, but I've been doing my own research, so I'll offer what I learned just in case anyone else is interested.

The Bitty and Aeris are pretty close on performance--the Aeris probably takes the top slot, but not by much. Both, though, show less performance than the SiCo Switchback in the medium configuration. And the Switchback in medium is basically the same length as the Aeris (slightly longer than the Bitty). The Switchback can be run even shorter, but performance noticeably decreases. In long configuration, it is much quieter. Given all of that versatility, the Switchback is the answer for me. I'll probably run it in medium configuration 90% of the time.
    Thanks LawDog, I found your info very helpful.