Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstang01 View Post
    Is there a suppressor that works well on 9mm, .223, and .308/.300 Blk/7.62x39? Or is that asking too much?
    It's asking too much. You'll pay too high a price in weight and noise. A pistol can is designed for pistol pressures, which are much lower than rifle pressures. And while you can run .223 through a .30 can without too much loss of efficiency, running them through a can with a .36 caliber hole will cost you some suppression.

My advice would be to get a decent 9mm can, and a .30 suppressor. Check the platforms...the AKs are notoriously non-concentric, you may have a problem unless you get a dedicated AK suppressor like the Dead Air Wolverine.

Is there a suppressor that works well on 9mm, .223, and .308/.300 Blk/7.62x39? Or is that asking too much?
    Everything is a compromise to some degree, but the Liberty Mystic X does what you want. It's one of the quieter 9mm suppressors, and compares well with good 223 rifle suppressors as well.

The Griffin Optimus is another one to look at although I don't have any personal experience with it. I do own a Mystic X.

You'd have to define "works well". Many people have a very different idea of what that means before they get into suppressors compared to after they have a lot of experience with them. Application matters.

Anybody got any experience with the mini rimfire cans? Iíve got a couple of SiCo Sparrows, but Iím debating a shorty. If anyone has used a Bowers Bitty or TacSol Aeris, and can comment on how much performance is lost compared to a full-size can, Iíd love to hear about it.
    Virtute et Armis

I have 3 cans to cover all my bases; a .22 can for rimfire pistols and rifles a .45 can for all of my centerfire handguns (9mm, 40, .357 sig, 45) and a 30 cal can for all of my centerfire rifle cartridges (5.56, 6.5 Grendel, 7mm-08, 300 blackout, 6.5 Creedmoor, 308, 270)
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Sounds like a better plan. Do you care to share MFG's and models?

Quote Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
    Everything is a compromise to some degree, but the Liberty Mystic X does what you want. It's one of the quieter 9mm suppressors, and compares well with good 223 rifle suppressors as well.

The Griffin Optimus is another one to look at although I don't have any personal experience with it. I do own a Mystic X.
    +1 on Liberty.

I have an infinity x in NFA jail at present. Just like the mystic x only lighter. I demoíd it on my .308 and a 77/357. Sounded as good or better than my AAC 762sd and SRT Matrix Iíve used in each previously.

For rimfire duties I run a few different dedicated cans. This one was a niche purchase for me. I wanted a light .308 capable can to use on a Ruger GSR for hunting as the AAC can weighs 20+oz and screws up the balance of the rifle for me.
    Last edited by glocked; 11-22-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Would you mind telling us/me what your
    2 center fire cans are?

Also, is it safe to assume that helical
    construction is going more desirable
    than more conventional circular baffle
    internals?

I have shot a friends Halo a couple of
    times recently, and it is pretty sweet.
    It's coupling device is going to be a
    hard feature to pass up, even giving
    up a 30 cal option. Thoughts on that?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    I have 3 cans to cover all my bases; a .22 can for rimfire pistols and rifles a .45 can for all of my centerfire handguns (9mm, 40, .357 sig, 45) and a 30 cal can for all of my centerfire rifle cartridges (5.56, 6.5 Grendel, 7mm-08, 300 blackout, 6.5 Creedmoor, 308, 270)
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

I am curious about length (and therefor weight) not being a criteria. In my experience, 5.56 will never be quiet to shoot. Ever. Especially out of a short barrel.

Personally, I am interested in signature reduction and being able to touch off a few rounds indoors without destroying comms by deafening everyone around me and shaking their fillings loose. For me, that has lead me to smaller cans like the AAC Mini-4. Having shot the Mini-4, M4-2000, and a Saker Sandman-K at night, I can definitely say that the mid-sized vs mini/K cans do a better job with flash and are a little less boomy. All the same, I haven't been down range of any of these while in darkness in order to actually try to locate the shooters. Either way, for my money, and especially on an SBR, I'm going with a mini can.

I also view cans as large investments where a few extra sheckels saved & spent are worth the investment.

I am interested to hear which one you end up with.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Anybody got any experience with the mini rimfire cans? I’ve got a couple of SiCo Sparrows, but I’m debating a shorty. If anyone has used a Bowers Bitty or TacSol Aeris, and can comment on how much performance is lost compared to a full-size can, I’d love to hear about it.
    Nobody offered anything on this point, but I've been doing my own research, so I'll offer what I learned just in case anyone else is interested.

The Bitty and Aeris are pretty close on performance--the Aeris probably takes the top slot, but not by much. Both, though, show less performance than the SiCo Switchback in the medium configuration. And the Switchback in medium is basically the same length as the Aeris (slightly longer than the Bitty). The Switchback can be run even shorter, but performance noticeably decreases. In long configuration, it is much quieter. Given all of that versatility, the Switchback is the answer for me. I'll probably run it in medium configuration 90% of the time.
    Virtute et Armis